Eastbound Wind (a BCB Original)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Here's my cover of a song that was written a while back by @blackcoffeeblues, with some input from @CaptainMoto. It's one of my favourite songs of his.

He recently posted an up-tempo version of it that was recorded by a friend of his, which was 'okay' :whistle: but I thought it had lost it's heart and soul, so I asked Dave if he would mind if I covered it. Thankfully he said no problem. :D This is the result, which I think is more in keeping with the original. I hope you like it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/0d1qlhtj8owx6y6/Eastbound Wind (Horns)2.mp3?dl=0

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
When M.M. sent this to me; I was floored--I think anyone that has ever wrote a song would like to hear some one else (with talent) re-create it---and that is what MM did----his guitar solo reminded me of a Bob Seagar style thing I can not thank him enough for making this song happen..
When I 1st heard it it almost brought tears to my eye's. Thanks a lot Davy.:love:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Thanks Moto, it was a pleasure to work on it. Don't forget your own influence on the song too!!:)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
MOTO is being WAY to MODEST with his part in this--He wrote my 2 favorite verse' in the song--And Davy put the Double Whammy to it---:thumbup::thumbup:.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Great song, terrific performance and production, well done M.M.
No criticism of Many Moons' vocal, but my ears just felt like they would like to hear Neil Young singing it! Neil could just drop it into the set after "Four Strong Winds" and it would fit right in.
Thanks for posting, made my day :)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Hey Davy: Start pricing that Yacht--and check out what size suit Moto wears--got to have a Captain to cruise us around while we sit on the back deck play our guitars and drink Lattes". WE ARE IN :Beer::ROFLMAO: Later

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Start pricing that Yacht--and check out what size suit Moto wears--got to have a Captain to cruise us around while we sit on the back deck play our guitars and drink Lattes". WE ARE IN :Beer::ROFLMAO: Later
I've no idea what Moto even looks like, or what size he is so just get 4 suits S.M.L.XL. If he needs a bigger one than that he'll probably sink the yacht when he steps on board, so we'll just have to find us another Capn'.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BTW Dave. I've had an idea. (clear it with the MODs first) Start a thread in the lounge, explaining what you're doing, and have a link to the songs page, asking the guys to like it or whatever it is you do. Then ask them all to send it to all their friends in their contacts, who could send it to all their contacts etc......:D Before you know it we could buy a big big yacht that could take an XXXL Cap'n!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
could buy a big big yacht that could take an XXXL Cap'n!!
That's the idea---but Capn will be in his recording studio most the time so we need to check out how much room he needs for that. I figure
if I we buy the HMS Queen Mary we might be able to satisfy him.:ROFLMAO:

Here is what is what we are talking about: I entered Davy's version of "Eastbound wind" in the "American song writers contest"--it is sponsered by Martin guitars and Fishman Electronics ---I know it is is a REEAALLY LONG shot, but you never know. Heck if "Achy-Brake Heart" can be a multi million $$$$ hit anything might. :rolleyes: