East coast beach life!

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
That's beautiful and looks like a real nice neighborhood, for sure. I'd probably get arrested for just walking on that beach! ;)
The only thing (besides getting arrested) that would be a problem for me is having the sun rise outta the ocean instead of setting in it!
Hope you enjoy many more morning runs on the beach John!

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
My best friend (we have been friends for over 70 years) lives in Delaware.

What I do not like about the East Coast, is that the sun rises over the water and sets over land. Just the opposite of what I grew up with in San Francisco.

When I visited Tampa, Florida, it felt "right". Orlando was worse! The sun raising over and setting over land. Mickey Mouse, you blew it! :)

Tom

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
It would have blown your mind, then, to be in Pensacola where I grew up. Land east and west; lots of water to the south, though.

—Unless you're right on the shore, then about half of east or west is water. Depends in the season as to which half gets the sunrise and sunset. :Beer:

TexBill

Blues in Texas
As a veteran I can relate to the sunrise and sunset phenomenon. Growing up in Texas, we had sunrise on the back porch and sunset on the front porch. For the most part of my life, both occurred over land mass. In my travels, I had the opposite of Pensacola. Ocean to the North, Sunrise to the right when facing the water and sunset to the left. Then there were those days in England when I did not see either for 60 days straight. In Frankfort Germany it was both over land and we were not that close to the Rhein. Then there was the time in Sacramento, CA. Ocean too far away to the West and mountains to the East. And for those of you who live in Calif. you know what was North and South up and down I-5.

So now back in East Texas, sunrise and sunset (depending on the season) is almost up and down my street. Especially on Summer Solstice. And this year, we have had too many hours each day since June, that Sol was way too hot. Come on Fall.