Dunlop mini CryBaby wah

david moon

Attempting the Blues
This thing is small, fits in the palm of your hand. I bought it a while back and never used it. For the Albert King challenge, I thought that he might have used a "cocked" wha for his tone , so I I tried it

Any way, the first problem was the switch to turn on the effect required major weight on the switch. I mean really major. So I touk it apart and there is a nut on the switch on the inside about 1/16 thick.

Removed that nut and now you can stomp on the pedal

david moon

Attempting the Blues
When you open the baseplate, there is a slide switch labeled L M H. I thought the tones were particularly harsh in the H position.Set it to M and butttomed up

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
What Mike said. The couple of guys I know that have had mini-wahs said they quickly quit using them because their foot would fall off it because it was too small. But for a cocked-wah, it might not be too bad. What say you?

Stinger22

Blues Junior
Have one and had it set in what would be the normal cry baby mode on the switch. There is an adjustment you can make on the button, was never a problem. Now I'm a big WAH user but once I got used to the smaller pedal and how to put your foot on it had no problem. I don't like the "Shaft" type rocking I use it more as a tone control on leads when I do use it. It's still on my gig pedal board but not gigging these days, a normal CB on my studio.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
It was just kind of annoying to have to modify it to make it usable. I have no problem with the wha functionality once the switch was addressed.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Did they tell you to adjust the on/off switch to your liking? Mine was virtually unusable until I fixed it. The L M H switch is a different matter.

Stinger22

Blues Junior
I think it's a normal adjustment some players want a really easy click some who really get at it want a harder click so they don't accidentally click it off on the middle of a solo.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Actually the "harder click" was ridiculously harder because of the various "bumpers" and things on the pedal.

So you need to open it up and dissasemble and make modifiications to suit you.

Are you OK with buying a guitar and taking it to luthier for a setup and maybe replacing some parts before it is playable?

Stinger22

Blues Junior
Actually the "harder click" was ridiculously harder because of the various "bumpers" and things on the pedal.

So you need to open it up and dissasemble and make modifiications to suit you.

Are you OK with buying a guitar and taking it to luthier for a setup and maybe replacing some parts before it is playable?
Whenever I buy a new guitar I take it home and set it up to my liking.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Whenever I buy a new guitar I take it home and set it up to my liking.
Me too, also used guitars. Maybe a better analogy would be buying a guitar and the bridge needs to be repositioned, or major issues with the fret work.It was't just minor tweaking/adjustment.