Dropbox vs Youtube

patb

Blues Junior
I'm having trouble uploading to Dropbox. Using an android phone set for the smallest file video/ audio. I have to try uploading 2 or 3 times . Getting a error signal or lost the connection signal or both.
Is Youtube any easier? Any caveats?
I would like to get a Tascam or Zoom recorder but~ $150. A camera would probably be even more and might require mic to get decent sound.
Suggestions?
Thanks, Pat

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
If you're uploading video, I would certainly give YouTube a try. If you're uploading audio only, YT won't accept it without an accompanying video signal.
Other than that, I can't offer much perspective, as I rarely upload from my phone.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Sounds like your phone may be like mine...sometimes at the the cell signal at the house seems to be pretty good, and sometimes it really sucks. You might try what I do sometimes. My phone's charging cable is a usb cable. So I plug my phone into my laptop, transfer the file over, and then upload from the laptop.

artyman

Fareham UK
I copy the video files from my phone to the PC for a little bit of editing before uploading from there to Youtube