Drifted off away and gone (or what happened to lesson 15?)

Discussion in 'Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed Recordings' started by Elwood, May 13, 2021.

1. Elwood

Elwood Blues

I have set upon a path that will lead to freedom!!! :cool: For my thumb:D.

Here is my sorta lesson 15. If you are allergic to warts you might not want to hear it. I drop the thumb :mad:, pass on a few key notes:(, and fail to control my imagination:eek:. All in the interest of progress,

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y0vrb63hthtxu2k/drifted all gone and away.mp3?dl=0

It can only get better from here...:D

jmin and Silicon Valley Tom like this.
  2. Silicon Valley Tom

Silicon Valley Tom It makes me happpy to play The Blues!

That was so cool! Good feeling, and fun to listen to. :):cool::Beer:

Tom

Elwood likes this.
  3. CaptainMoto

CaptainMoto Blues Voyager

Very Good!
    (y)

Elwood likes this.
  4. Elwood

Elwood Blues

You gentlemen are very gracious, thank you!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

There it is, busted! (n) I am a nogoodnik student. :confused: I can't even play the first 12 clean and I have been sitting around "jamming" over that thump 1-4-5. I have 3 or 4 verses but after the second verse started I heard that gong and felt the hook dragging me away.:eek: I had to wrap it up after 2. (I think I had hit my daily limit for goobers on that track) That really is a fun thing to mess around with!!! After all these tries I still suffer from that "red light fever" that Papa speaks of now and then. Big time.

Listening to the hard work these folks are putting in, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:in this section of the forum :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: , mine kinda sticks out :whistle:. I'll just keep thumping. :D

I told my wife, when it is my time, I want that right thumb to be the last thing moving!!! :Beer:

#4 Elwood, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
  5. MikeS

MikeS Allen, TX
    Staff Member

Nicely done!

Elwood likes this.
  6. Many Moons

Many Moons Biking+Blues=Bliss

I thought that was very good Elwood.(y)

Elwood likes this.
  7. Elwood

Elwood Blues

Thanks Mike and Davey!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

:Beer:

8. Annie

Annie On my way

Gee that was good Elwood. I didn't hear you banging on that guitar once. I like the sound of your guitar. I am looking for a new one and don't know where to start.

9. Elwood

Elwood Blues

upload_2021-5-14_15-10-24.png

Thanks Annie!!! Very kind! :Beer:

That guitar is magic! Taylor 522ce 12 fret, all mahogany - all mine. :love:
    This one gets into me so bad that it gives me doubts about getting another. Why would I? If I like it more I may not play this as much. If I like it less, why bother? That is how much I love that particular guitar. Bought it sight unseen, an "old" performance x-brace with relief route model I got in brand new condition for under 2k. That is a ton of cash but I would trade 3k worth of guitars for it any day all day. Has not been in the case since I first took it out. My first 12 fretter. I am almost certain that if I got another guitar it would also be a slothead. You really should check into that 12 fret config with the playing you do, you would love each other. (if I would be of any help feel free to pm me)

FWIW, that was through garageband and I was lazy with the processing. It actually sounds a little funny to me. Here is another thing Annie, I am finding G-band is uber-easy to get some real entertaining tones going. All my acoustics sound great through that setup. For this track I went real lazy (folks not feeling well and chores backing up, life) and ran one channel of direct input from the es-2 on the guitar and a mic on the other. It sounds better with two mics. (and I have fairly cheap mics, one is a MXL 990 that I gutted the basket on and the other is my Sennheiser e845s that I got for what I refer to a singing) I'll show you on another track sometime how it sounds with both mics.

Now let's get on down to the challenge soon and stir the pot a little!!! Way too quiet in challenge land.

#9 Elwood, May 14, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
  10. Annie

Annie On my way

I would love to put that guitar on my wish list. My husband buys me some really nice guitars, but I have not been *that good of a girl.

Elwood likes this.
  11. Elwood

Elwood Blues

That's where the 314ce comes in. Tons of sweet used ones. Deals are out there. A simply wonderful guitar at home or under your arm anywhere. Easy playing, you bet!
    My 522 is to small, too quiet, too much $$$ for any casual gig use (for me). Wonderful to have though, my daily driver at this time.

#11 Elwood, May 15, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
    Annie likes this.
  12. Elwood

Elwood Blues

@Annie , this is an example of what I would call an interesting possibility. I love finding good deals on good deals.

Just fyi. 412 '93 - Dave's Guitar Shop (davesguitar.com)

Not ideal to me, but maybe the least attractive thing about it is the scale length. Short scale and light are two words I use for "comfortable" these days. :). Other than that, WOW!

#12 Elwood, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
  13. Annie

Annie On my way

Well, looks like the body size that I would like, except I want a cut away. I am now looking out for the 314ce. That is more like my price range. I'll be going out to the music stores soon I hope.