dominant foot?

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I've been working on the modes course lately and I find that I have a dominant foot for tapping the beat. When I work on some of the "easier" courses or even parts of the modes course I can use either foot ambidextrously. But when I get to lessons that require more focus and a definitive foot tapping beat I have to use my dominant foot for as long as I can until I can't anymore.... I'm thinking this might be common amongst us all. :Beer::Beer::Beer:

Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Do you always tap the same foot or do you trade off?

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I've been working on the modes course lately and I find that I have a dominant foot for tapping the beat. When I work on some of the "easier" courses or even parts of the modes course I can use either foot ambidextrously. But when I get to lessons that require more focus and a definitive foot tapping beat I have to use my dominant foot for as long as I can until I can't anymore.... I'm thinking this might be common amongst us all. :Beer::Beer::Beer:

Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Do you always tap the same foot or do you trade off?
I'm right footed. 90% of the time. I like to do the Ray Charles side to side rockin' action, too. Start with the foot and let the body follow.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I need to think about that!

My spousal unit does not like foot tapping.
A few days ago she came to tell me to knock it off.

Of course, I couldn't stop but, having been made aware, I unknowingly shifted to the other side.,
I'll have to pay attention to see what my pattern is.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I could never get into tapping my foot to keep time. Perhaps because I started with piano when I was 6. For me it is an internal thing and automatic.

We had a member of our group named John, who used his left foot to tap, and I mean he tapped! He would have been popular at my Italian neighbor's house when they made wine. However, John tapped out of time and so vigorously it was distracting. So, I had him stand to the left of the group and it worked for all! Amazingly, John played his guitar to perfection and never missed a beat. :cool::)

Tom

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I need to think about that!

My spousal unit does not like foot tapping.
A few days ago she came to tell me to knock it off.

Of course, I couldn't stop but, having been made aware, I unknowingly shifted to the other side.,
I'll have to pay attention to see what my pattern is.
I don't make much noise as I'm just wearing socks and on a noise dampening carpet.... :Beer:

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I could never get into tapping my foot to keep time. Perhaps because I started with piano when I was 6. For me it is an internal thing and automatic.

We had a member of our group named John, who used his left foot to tap, and I mean he tapped! He would have been popular at my Italian neighbor's house when they made wine. However, John tapped out of time and so vigorously it was distracting. So, I had him stand to the left of the group and it worked for all! Amazingly, John played his guitar to perfection and never missed a beat. :cool::)

Tom
Although I try, I'm not so good at counting, especially on the more complicated rhythms. So I'm working on tapping my foot as much as I can....

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I am Like Elvis, I sway from the hips and the knee starts to shake, my lip curls...................................and usually about that time I twist my ankle of my hip goes out of place