Does anyone use a logitech 930e webcam with capture software?

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
It works with Windows 10 Camera software, but that is a pain to use! I am trying to get Logi Capture to work, but it is not functioning correctly. It does not recognize the video but records the audio. So I opened up a ticket with Logitech, which may lead to no where. Is there something out there that will work? (y)

Tom

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Interesting. I had one of those camera on order for months. I finally gave up and canceled my order. My old (like 6-8 years old) Logitech Pro 9000 works fine with the Logitech Webcam Software that came with it. Actually I'm not sure the microphone still works in it, but I don't use it anyway.

Silicon Valley Tom

Mike, our daughter ordered the 930e as a birthday present for me, back in early May. They kept updating the delivery date and we decided to keep on the list. Then it came! It is a nice device and so small. I thought it would be bigger. The things I read about the camera indicate it does not work with the Logitech software. So my quest continues.

I would like to be able to do simple captures, and I am not interested in any elaborate productions. :)

Perhaps I should ask our daughter to order a 920 for my next gift? ;) Strange how this one model, the 930e, does not seem to have support from Logitech.

Tom

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I would never have thought to check to see if there was Logitech support or that it would work with the software(I'd just assume so).
Fore warned and all that.
Thanks for the heads up.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Mike, our daughter ordered the 930e as a birthday present for me, back in early May. They kept updating the delivery date and we decided to keep on the list. Then it came! It is a nice device and so small. I thought it would be bigger. The things I read about the camera indicate it does not work with the Logitech software. So my quest continues.

I would like to be able to do simple captures, and I am not interested in any elaborate productions. :)

Perhaps I should ask our daughter to order a 920 for my next gift? ;) Strange how this one model, the 930e, does not seem to have support from Logitech.

Tom
Tom, is the cam labeled as Logitech or just Logi?
There are a lot of that particular model which are knock-offs. Logitech software won't recognize them and Logitech won't provide tech support.

Silicon Valley Tom

It is a Logitech 930e, made and distributed by Logitech. I confirmed that I have the latest firmware, etc.

Well, believe it or not, I just received a response to my ticket sent to Logitech Support:

Thank you for your inquiry! The reason you have your issue is because our C930e webcam is not a supported webcam for our Logitech Capture program. The supported webcams for Logitech Capture are listed on our support page here (at the bottom under Specs & Details).

So the next thing I tried was to download CyberLink YouCam 9. What fun not! :sick: Would you believe that the subject is reversed? It has me playing guitar as if I am left handed! :eek: The Audio is horrible! Well, says I, it could be the software causing the audio to sound so terrible. So I went back to Windows 10 Camera Application, and got it to work. Now I am playing guitar as if I was right handed (which is correct for me), and the audio is still terrible. So my next step will be to find my Mixer, hook it up, and recording using a good microphone.

Technology is such great fun! I think they want you to buy one of each and go crazy trying to learn how to use it. :cry:

I will give a report on how the audio quality goes. By the way, the video quality of the Windows 10 App (comes with the operating system) is far superior to the CyberLink YouCam 9. Neither application is intuitive. o_O

Tom

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
It's a shame that the Logitech software doesn't work. The Win10 Software seems VERY rudimentary.
With my Logitech Capture, I can zoom in, and once I have, I can then move left, right, up or down to center myself in the video without having to move the camera.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
It is a Logitech 930e, made and distributed by Logitech. I confirmed that I have the latest firmware, etc.

Well, believe it or not, I just received a response to my ticket sent to Logitech Support:

Thank you for your inquiry! The reason you have your issue is because our C930e webcam is not a supported webcam for our Logitech Capture program. The supported webcams for Logitech Capture are listed on our support page here (at the bottom under Specs & Details).

So the next thing I tried was to download CyberLink YouCam 9. What fun not! :sick: Would you believe that the subject is reversed? It has me playing guitar as if I am left handed! :eek: The Audio is horrible! Well, says I, it could be the software causing the audio to sound so terrible. So I went back to Windows 10 Camera Application, and got it to work. Now I am playing guitar as if I was right handed (which is correct for me), and the audio is still terrible. So my next step will be to find my Mixer, hook it up, and recording using a good microphone.

Technology is such great fun! I think they want you to buy one of each and go crazy trying to learn how to use it. :cry:

I will give a report on how the audio quality goes. By the way, the video quality of the Windows 10 App (comes with the operating system) is far superior to the CyberLink YouCam 9. Neither application is intuitive. o_O

Tom

I haven't used it in a long time so I may be wrong, but I believe the Cyberlink software has an option to reverse the image.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I occasionally create instructional videos for classes I teach and my consulting clients, so I tend to have a lot of different programs available in case a project throws me a curve ball.

With that said, another option you might try is Open Broadcast Software, which is free and open source. It is supposed to work well with the C930e. https://obsproject.com/ There are several YouTube videos describing how to configure it. I have it installed, although I haven't really used it much. I do remember that it has an automated configuration wizard that worked well with the webcam that I use. You can configure it for live streaming or for recording.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I occasionally create instructional videos for classes I teach and my consulting clients, so I tend to have a lot of different programs available in case a project throws me a curve ball.

With that said, another option you might try is Open Broadcast Software, which is free and open source. It is supposed to work well with the C930e. https://obsproject.com/ There are several YouTube videos describing how to configure it. I have it installed, although I haven't really used it much. I do remember that it has an automated configuration wizard that worked well with the webcam that I use. You can configure it for live streaming or for recording.
I'm a fan of OBS as well. At it's simplest, it makes a pretty good piece of software for recording a webcam. It scales pretty well to multiple cameras, too. I'm running 2 cameras, plus the ability to switch between two different monitor screen displays and a host of easy to build slides. It's way overkill, but it doesn't require hours of studying to get it properly set up. I would think for a single camera, it should almost be a no-brainer.

Silicon Valley Tom

WOW! :eek::):Beer:

Thank you Elio and Lloyd! If I could, I would give each of you 10 stars! :cool: OBS is easy to set up, use, and record. It knocked the socks off of what I have used so far. It even allows you to control so many essential things. I am so glad I started this thread, as you guys pointed me in such a good direction. Next step is to read the directions! I made it work by using the on screen prompts. Imagine what I could do if I knew what I was doing? :ROFLMAO:

By the way, the audio improvement using an external mic and mixer is unquestionable. The internal Logitech 930e mic's cannot compare to the quality of an external mic! Now I have to find my condenser mic's, somewhere in the garage, in a box, among perhaps one hundred other boxes. :confused: Wish me luck! ;)

Tom

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Thank you Elio and Lloyd! If I could, I would give each of you 10 stars! :cool: OBS is easy to set up, use, and record. It knocked the socks off of what I have used so far. It even allows you to control so many essential things. I am so glad I started this thread, as you guys pointed me in such a good direction. Next step is to read the directions! I made it work by using the on screen prompts. Imagine what I could do if I knew what I was doing? :ROFLMAO:

By the way, the audio improvement using an external mic and mixer is unquestionable. The internal Logitech 930e mic's cannot compare to the quality of an external mic! Now I have to find my condenser mic's, somewhere in the garage, in a box, among perhaps one hundred other boxes. :confused: Wish me luck! ;)

Tom

I'm glad it worked for you! The external mic makes a huge difference. I have to adhere to ADA compliance, so my videos usually have to be captioned for hearing-impaired students. YouTube has automated captioning that is notoriously awful. However, I figured out that if I use a large-diaphragm condenser mic and speak clearly, I can get YouTube to nearly 100% accuracy on the captioning -- which saves me either a ton of time doing it myself, or money paying someone else to do it.

This is my usual configuration for doing the voice-overs on my videos. Based on what I saw at Zoomstock, Lloyd's configuration comes closer to approximating mission control at NASA during a launch.

20200918_180151.jpg

Last edited: