Do This...It will make you feel good

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hey Folks,
In a world full of frauds, crooks, criminals and other scum I'm always very skeptical about people.
Sorry to say that but it's true!

I can completely understand anyone's skepticism.

Having said that, In an attempt to do some good I fear I've dragged somebody's integrity into question and put him in a very awkward situation.

I thought what was explained on the GoFundMe campaign was straight forward "send him some good will"    

Please don't use this section of the forum to question Jim's personal finances.

I put him under the microscope and I'm responsible for putting him in that uncomfortable  spot.

If anyone has any second thoughts about their participation to date, send me a PM and I will personally refund your contribution ASAP with no hard feeling and no publicity.
Every penny collected in the fund will remain there for it's original intended purpose.

I'm asking RR:
Please don't respond to this.

Everyone please enjoy the holiday season.
Let's all continue having some fun!

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
When Griff and his band got robbed I donated to his fund . I didn't do it because he needed my money . I have no idea what his financial situation is or ever was . [glow=yellow,2,300]I donated to RR's fund raiser not because he needed it . Again I have no idea if he is in financial distress or has deep pockets [/glow]. I donated a dollar today at the grocery store for the local food bank . I give a dollar every time I shop . [glow=yellow,2,300]My reasons are purely selfish . It makes me feel good to give to people I care about [/glow]. The food bank  connects me to the local people . The forum donations connect me to my friends in music . I'm not on a moral trip my intentions are not to suggest others do what I do . My way of thinking is the true gift here is to the giver . Many times at Christmas time I have more fun buying gifts for others than I do receiving them . I actually see this as a flaw in my personality that it's so very hard for me to accept someone's  help . It many times has taken the joy of giving away from my loved ones because I insist they get me nothing . peace  :) 

This should just be a "glass in 1/2 full" endeavor.  A need was created, some of us feel compelled to help out.  The skepicism voiced is legitimate; but, can't it just be expressed in the form of not donating and leave the comments out of it?  Giayank said it well above.

mpaq

Canfield, Ontario, Canada
When Griff and his band got robbed I donated to his fund . I didn't do it because he needed my money . I have no idea what his financial situation is or ever was . I donated to RR's fund raiser not because he needed it . Again I have no idea if he is in financial distress or has deep pockets . I donated a dollar today at the grocery store for the local food bank . I give a dollar every time I shop . My reasons are purely selfish . It makes me feel good to give to people I care about . The food bank  connects me to the local people . The forum donations connect me to my friends in music . I'm not on a moral trip my intentions are not to suggest others do what I do . My way of thinking is the true gift here is to the giver . Many times at Christmas time I have more fun buying gifts for others than I do receiving them .[glow=yellow,2,300] I actually see this as a flaw in my personality that it's so very hard for me to accept someone's  help[/glow] . It many times has taken the joy of giving away from my loved ones because I insist they get me nothing . peace  :) 

More people should have personalities as "flawed" as yours man. Donations, gifts etc only have meaning if they are given unconditionally. When that happens, you are actually the recipient of the real gift. That's what its all about  :)

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
We're all in it to help a friend ... no questions asked. No one's holding a gun at our heads - if you feel the need to help, do so with all your heart, or just don't donate. It's as simple as that.
RR- we're all with you bro ...  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ronico

rainyislandblues
When Griff and his band got robbed I donated to his fund . I didn't do it because he needed my money . I have no idea what his financial situation is or ever was . I donated to RR's fund raiser not because he needed it . Again I have no idea if he is in financial distress or has deep pockets . I donated a dollar today at the grocery store for the local food bank . I give a dollar every time I shop . My reasons are purely selfish . It makes me feel good to give to people I care about . The food bank  connects me to the local people . The forum donations connect me to my friends in music . I'm not on a moral trip my intentions are not to suggest others do what I do . My way of thinking is the true gift here is to the giver . Many times at Christmas time I have more fun buying gifts for others than I do receiving them . I actually see this as a flaw in my personality that it's so very hard for me to accept someone's  help . It many times has taken the joy of giving away from my loved ones because I insist they get me nothing . peace  :) 
Very eloquent Gia. Nicely said. Freely given freely received no strings end of story.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well Folks ,
It’s the last day.

When I kicked this off I said:
“Do this, it will make you feel good”

I hope everyone that participated feels great, you most certainly deserve to take pride in your actions.

At this point the total is $1,440, donated by a group of 25 wonderful people.

I’ll leave the fund active for a few days to allow for any late activity and to do some administration.
I thank you all for your participation.

I’ve turned the fund access over to Jim and I wish him the best.

Shodai

Blues Junior
I hope to have my last donation in tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday at the latest.

Thank you for leaving it active to allow me to do this. I've never met RR, but he has been helpful to me in the past with advice and guidance when I needed it, as have others on this forum.

CaptainMoto, this is a wonderful thing that you have done, and yes, it did make me feel good. It is quite humbling to be a part of such a group of people as this.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
I hope to have my last donation in tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday at the latest.

Thank you for leaving it active to allow me to do this. I've never met RR, but he has been helpful to me in the past with advice and guidance when I needed it, as have others on this forum.

CaptainMoto, this is a wonderful thing that you have done, and yes, it did make me feel good. It is quite humbling to be a part of such a group of people as this.

Ditto re RR and Capn!

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Cptn, if we had a generous person giving from the heart award you would definitely [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] be one of the finalist. Well Done.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Thank you so much, CaptainM ... and many thanks to all who participated here!  Your support is humbling and means the world to me.  I put most of it in my retirement fund.  Since when I retire, I won't be able to buy any more equipement, I thought long and hard about anything I might NEED after retirement in the way of musical gear.  Only one thing: a SMALL and UNOBTRUSIVE pedal board to use for jams and such.  I already had four good mini-pedals, but needed a few more to round out a good functional little pedal board, so bought those and a little Donner power supply, and am building that board now.  And thanks to all of you I didn't have to dip into my remaining retirement fund to do it.  So ... every time I use that little pedal board (which will be a lot) I will think of all of you and remember this.  

Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart!