Do This...It will make you feel good

mpaq

Canfield, Ontario, Canada
sucks that this stuff seems all too common these days...thx for organizing, headin over

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Only 5 Days left.

Anthony,
I hear ya.
Can't help how people feel.
It's as real as the people here.

RR told us he was hit with a real unfortunate situation.
Some folks thought it might be nice to help out.
It's as simple as that.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
[glow=yellow,2,300]Anthony,
I hear ya.
Can't help how people feel.
It's as real as the people here.[/glow]

+1

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
To put a positive light on it, think about those that did help out!

ingog

Started in 2009
Go to the gas station down the road that is 5 cents cheaper. Skip the double mocha cafe' latte and croissant and send the $. Or skip one beer at he watering hole.

Shodai

Blues Junior
OK...OK... Now let's calm down....

$0.05 cheaper gas, OK.
Double mocha cafe latte and croissant? Really? We're blues men, coffee should be coffee flavored. So OK there too.

But skip a beer? Let's not get crazy!

On a more serious note, is like to make another small contribution, but the funds will not got my bank until Dec 2. Any chance you can leave it up for two additional days?

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
OK...OK... Now let's calm down....

$0.05 cheaper gas, OK.
Double mocha cafe latte and croissant? Really? We're blues men, coffee should be coffee flavored. So OK there too.

But skip a beer? Let's not get crazy!

On a more serious note, is like to make another small contribution, but the funds will not got my bank until Dec 2. Any chance you can leave it up for two additional days?

Will Do!
Thanks

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
We've had some recent contributions
We're at $1,240 including $100 off-line.
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
Thanks.

Closing down in 4 days   plus 2 so Shodia can jump back in.

Happy Thanksgiving all. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

sloslunas

NM Blues
This is a very sad response.  Maybe people think it is a scam.

Yes...when the recipient...mid way of the fund raising effort, is going out and buying pedals? It does give me pause?? I am all for helping people but to me this is wrong. If you really need something let me know...

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hey sloslunas,
Just to be clear, RR had nothing to do with starting this.
It was my idea to launch this when I read about his misfortune.
He didn't solicit help in any way.

I appreciate your skepticism but, this is just a showing of goodwill with no stings attached.

If anyone thinks this is inappropriate I take full blame.
Please don't drag the recipient into suspicion.

If you'd like to help, I'm trying to stir up some under used equipment for anyone that might be less fortunate then some of us.
I've a got a few things I'll be offering up and have commitments for more gear from others.
Join in if you like.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Steve, you're so wrong about this.  Buying pedals has nothing to do with having lost a huge piece of his retirement pot.  Captain, with a big heart, started this in response and you're turning it into something dark.  Shame.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I lost about $75,000.00.
Did that reduce me to being "the needy"?  No.
Did it severely damage my retirement situation? Yes.
I will retire in 3 years.  Once I do, there will be no more buying pedals, guitars, or anything else.  At that point I very well might be "the needy".  At best I will be on the brink of that.
So I am rounding up everything I think I'm going to need or really really want while I can still afford to.

As CaptainM said, I didn't ask for this.  I didn't expect it.  I am having mixed feeling even accepting it, not sure how to handle it.  I asked Griff, and he said "just accept it and say Thank You".   So that's what I'm doing.

To those who have contributed, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  It is deeply appreciated and sincere.  And it is humbling to have friends such as you!

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Steve, you're so wrong about this.  Buying pedals has nothing to do with having lost a huge piece of his retirement pot.  Captain, with a big heart, started this in response and you're turning it into something dark.  Shame.
I see no shame in what Steve said. I've been wondering the same thing, myself.

I think it is a shame that somebody scammed RR out of a large amount of money. Also I know that if I were concerned about being able to fund my own retirement, I would not now be spending any money that I didn't need to spend. So, if RR can still build a new pedalboard then perhaps his financial situation is a little less dire than it appeared.

I do not mean to say or imply that anybody has done anything wrong or deceitful. For me, this simply raised a question about how badly the donations were needed. Thanks, RR and CaptainMoto, for your explanations - I think it is much clearer now, and that will help me make a decision about whether or not to participate.

Cheers for everyone's efforts to help a brother out. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

giayank

Just another day in paradise
When Griff and his band got robbed I donated to his fund . I didn't do it because he needed my money . I have no idea what his financial situation is or ever was . I donated to RR's fund raiser not because he needed it . Again I have no idea if he is in financial distress or has deep pockets . I donated a dollar today at the grocery store for the local food bank . I give a dollar every time I shop . My reasons are purely selfish . It makes me feel good to give to people I care about . The food bank  connects me to the local people . The forum donations connect me to my friends in music . I'm not on a moral trip my intentions are not to suggest others do what I do . My way of thinking is the true gift here is to the giver . Many times at Christmas time I have more fun buying gifts for others than I do receiving them . I actually see this as a flaw in my personality that it's so very hard for me to accept someone's  help . It many times has taken the joy of giving away from my loved ones because I insist they get me nothing . peace  :)