Dm - Complete

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Hmmm. Dm?

For the "modal" folks among us, I'm hearing Major, as in the "classic" example of D Mixolydian, ala Lynyrd Skynyrd, D C G.:)

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
OMG!! My bad!!

All these years I've been thinking people were posting the key of the track in the title.

Little did I know they post the scale they're thinking.

I learn something new every day.

I'll keep it in mind for the future.:)

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
ha ha ,,,,the track was listed as Dm i just played over it, i appologise if my knowledge or indeed interest was not up to parr ;)

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I don't recall making any comments about anybody's interest, knowledge or playing.

I merely pointed out, for those who care about such things, that this progression is "THE Classic example" that most everybody uses to demonstrate Mixolydian. I'm fully aware that some people couldn't care less.

Jeez!:confused:

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
OMG!! My bad!!

All these years I've been thinking people were posting the key of the track in the title.

Little did I know they post the scale they're thinking.

I learn something new every day.

I'll keep it in mind for the future.:)

not a bit snarky then? :)

MikeC

Blues Newbie
First an apology. Or actually a few. First try, and Audacity is pretty powerful for open source and I got lost a little bit. 1. Treble might hurt someone, so stand back a bit at first. 2. Forgot to stop so I went all the way to the end. Hoping no one minds, not my intent, newbie mistake. #3. I forgot to say I was recording, hanging my head so don't whoop on me too bad. Some of it I'm okay with, some of it is pretty cringeworthy, but I'm a big boy and critique is what I need because I never play for anyone. I've been behind a door for 30+ years. Have at it please. Verse in D major, chorus in D minor. Nervous and you guys aren't even in my basement.....
6:46 to 10:29 - I went over. :cautious:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zj3o8saaj4qcqv/3 D minor dark Bill-TZ-artyman.mp3?dl=0