Pedals/Effects Digitech Trio

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Thank-you but that has the same result as before. It just says "no device connected." Now I'm wondering if my connector is bad.

I've got it plugged into power and as far as I can see it should be working.

I ordered a new USB A connector.... I'll try again in 2 weeks when it gets here.
Are there any related driver issues? Shooting in the dark but sometimes in the Windows realm that can happen.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
@Elio I finally got the correct USB A to computer connection and got everything set to download the new firmware. I got everything connected and the Trio Updater tells me "no device connected." On the box that comes up it has the Trio Band Creator (the original unit) in black and the Trio+ (the new unit) in orange. I don't know if it is the update for the new unit or both units. It's version 2.02 from 2016.

There are so many other links to update the firmware but none of them still link to an updater. It's no longer available like at Sweetwater. Did you happen to save the updater to your hard drive way back when and do you still have it? I'd like to update this unit if I can. thanks.

I just checked the computer that I used to update mine and found that the version of the updater installed is also 2.02. I seem to remember that when I updated mine, I also received the "no devices" message. I'm pretty sure that the issue was that I needed to use its original cable rather than whichever random USB cable that I had grabbed.

I did a quick Amazon search for "Trio USB cable" and found a couple that claim to be "Digitech Trio Compatible", so that may be an option if you don't find one elsewhere. You can probably also reach out to Digitech Support to see what they tell you: https://digitech.com/contact-us/

I'm hoping that I won't need to update mine again given that the original cable is now in a drawer full of a couple dozen other miscellaneous USB cables!

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I just checked the computer that I used to update mine and found that the version of the updater installed is also 2.02. I seem to remember that when I updated mine, I also received the "no devices" message. I'm pretty sure that the issue was that I needed to use its original cable rather than whichever random USB cable that I had grabbed.

I did a quick Amazon search for "Trio USB cable" and found a couple that claim to be "Digitech Trio Compatible", so that may be an option if you don't find one elsewhere. You can probably also reach out to Digitech Support to see what they tell you: https://digitech.com/contact-us/

I'm hoping that I won't need to update mine again given that the original cable is now in a drawer full of a couple dozen other miscellaneous USB cables!
mine didn't come with a cable. I'm contacting Digitech.

thanks @Elio !

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I am very pleased to report that the USB A to computer connection I purchased came in the mail and I just downloaded the version 2.2 updates. I verified that it worked by seeing if the easy bass line would work and it does. I was skeptical of the first cable that a friend loaned me was the problem and it was. It was a skinny little thing and this new one is a fat cable that no doubt has no measurable line loss so the update software picked right up on the Trio's presence. Thank-you to all that helped me on this quest that I should have got done a few years ago. :Beer:

Oh, and of course in my looking for a cable I found that I already had a 3 button Trio pedal. So now
I have two of them. If anyone needs a 3 button Trio pedal let me know. They do appear to make things simpler.

I hope to record more music in the future using my Digitech Trio for those much needed bass and drum rhythm parts. I have already learned that the easy bass line does not produce a Blues shuffle rhythm....

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Thank-you but that has the same result as before. It just says "no device connected." Now I'm wondering if my connector is bad.

I've got it plugged into power and as far as I can see it should be working.

I ordered a new USB A connector.... I'll try again in 2 weeks when it gets here.
Having trouble getting Trio connected and reconized by your computer?

Have you attached any USB device to the same port to verify your computer sees any other devuce? I connected an external DVD drive to my new computer and could not get the DVD drive to open. I first assumed it required an updated firmware. When I switched to another USB port, viola, it responded and the computer recognized the device. Saying that to say this. USB headers on MOBO can and do go bad. In my case, a new computer, the Header on the MOBO never worked. That is not the only port on my system, so I was able to work around the issue.

Happy New Year.

Edit: I just saw the update you posted after I had submitted my suggestion. That has been going on for the past 2 weeks. I check for new posts, nothing new, and the next day a new post has a time stamp from the day before. In this case, I looked before responding and when I saw no new updatess past Dec, 16, I went ahead and sent you my suggestion.

Glad you got the correct cable and all went well... Later.

Last edited:

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
I don't know if the original Trio is the same as the plus. But on the plus only the last 3 rhythms (9-12) are the shuffle feel.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I don't know if the original Trio is the same as the plus. But on the plus only the last 3 rhythms (9-12) are the shuffle feel.
I don't have the Trio+ but I've noticed that the last 2 or 3 are shuffle feel. Using the simple bass line it appeared to be even too simple for the shuffle feel. I'll continue to see where the simple bass line makes sense and where it doesn't. :Beer: