Deep Sea Blues - Final

Russ

Blues Newbie
You've got the right attitude. You must never believe you can't do it. Only believe that it will come when you are ready for it.  :)

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
Okay, I have really tried to keep time :)

I listen and stare at the metronome and itjust doesn't translate to my fingers (yet). 

http://www.4shared.com/audio/e1nQGKCb/DSB-2.html

Thanks for listening.

Tim

...and of course -- HAPPY NEW YEAR!  :)

Happy New Year Tim... and all BBG'ers! This is a really tricky blues, Tim, but it's really beaut when you get it; I think it may be more important to listen to the tune played correctly a lot, so you have a really good idea of what is should sound like and this at least will give you something to aim at; you have all the notes under your fingers... timing will come eventually! When it's played correctly I get a remarkable feeling of actually being out on the blue briny in a tiny little boat, which rocks and rolls and slithers and slides down the waves...

Anyway, you deserve a beer:

[smiley=beer.gif]

Cheers!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
You are just about there Tim. As you said, the timing and chord change were a little slow, but that will come with time. The important thing is you are getting really nice clean notes and chords there. Right now you are in the toughest time. Learning to make those chord changes in the correct time can be frustrating, but if you play them enough your fingers will just remember where to go. Hang in there.

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Coming right along Tim!

Learning guitar is one of those things that builds up behind your back while you're struggling.  And then it snaps into place and you wonder why it was so hard.  Then you meet your next challenge and the process repeats.

:cool: