D

djr29hxty369

Deep Sea Blues

http://www.4shared.com/video/8bFxXjgv/VID00010.html

Fast Walking Blues

http://www.4shared.com/video/pIdcA3qV/VID00007.html

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Really good job Dovydas, you get a really nice bluesy feel going on & I like your tone a lot.

What guitar/amp are you using there?

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Good work on 2 that aren't that easy. I remember Fast Walking Blues being fine the first time through, but I always messed it up the second time around. Looks like you've already got some pinky strength too. Good going! [smiley=beer.gif]

D

djr29hxty369

What guitar/amp are you using there?

The guitar is a Hamer XT series A/T2, the amp is an Orange Crush 20LDX, settings: vol; 3: low; 5: mid; 10: high; 5: gain; 5. On Fast Walking Blues I've added reverb; setting room, level midway between 2 and 3.

I've had another busy weekend and had a spare half hour, just thought, go on, give it a go. It took longer to upload than it did to set up and play thru them both.

Thanks for the positive feedback, it's much appreciated [smiley=beer.gif]

D

djr29hxty369

I remember Fast Walking Blues being fine the first time through, but I always messed it up the second time around. Looks like you've already got some pinky strength too.

I usually mess things up the first time thru, as I did today. I only started Fast Walking Blues on Friday evening but I had been practising the alternate picking exercises in Terrifying Technique for Guitar and had also worked  on a walking bass exercise in Rock Guitar for Dummies so it wasn't that much of a shock to combine the two techniques.

I am a keyboard player so pinky is used to doing some of the work. I usually spend 20 minutes a day on keyboard exercises; Czerny's School of Velocityand Jordan Rudess Total Keyboard Wizardry been the instruments of torture.

It's only four weeks since I started Beginning Blues Guitar and it's only in the last few days that I've started to feel comfortable playing the guitar; I'm probably developing a technique for guitar playing.

Anyway, thanks for the positive feedback, it does help motivation as I'm having to make time for practice just at the moment [smiley=beer.gif]