Volume 2 Deep Ellum Blues

KiloMike

Eager Student
Life has been getting in the way of playing guitar, but one of my employees got me a gift card that I used to pick up a Focusrite Solo interface, so hopefully, that will inspire me to find time to play and record. Still trying to figure it and Ableton out, but here is my first attempt at dusting off one I learned a while back. I'm also doing vocals.

Deep Ellum Blues

Thanks for listening.

Kevin

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
Life has been getting in the way of playing guitar, but one of my employees got me a gift card that I used to pick up a Focusrite Solo interface, so hopefully, that will inspire me to find time to play and record. Still trying to figure it and Ableton out, but here is my first attempt at dusting off one I learned a while back. I'm also doing vocals.

Deep Ellum Blues

Thanks for listening.

Kevin

That is really, really nice!!! Where did you get all the backing tracks and organ solo part? Play those yourself as well as the guitar? Your vocals are very good.

KiloMike

Eager Student
That is really, really nice!!! Where did you get all the backing tracks and organ solo part? Play those yourself as well as the guitar? Your vocals are very good.

Those are part of Griff's course "Blues Gig in a Box". There are 2 volumes. This particular one is from Volume 2. It has tracks with and without guitar/vocal, so you can do any combination you like.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Sounding good to me! And the more I hear some of you guys sing, I'm going to quit telling folks that I used to sing a little bit back in the day because y'all sound like singers and I sound like a hack. lol

jammoore99

Blues Newbie
Holy Cow! Just had an opportunity to listen to your Deep Ellum recording. That is fantastic. I had to go back and listen a couple of more times.

Chris_NC

Blues Newbie
I've just discovered the Deep Ellum Blues in the Vol. 2 lessons and I'm working through it now. In the intro Griff gives a little set up on the origin and mentions doing some research, so last night I decided to do a search on Spotify. Holy Cow, there are a lot of really cool versions of this song. The Charlie Daniels Band even does a version based on Crossroads that is pretty cool. I'm going deep down the rabbit hole on this one!

Thought I would come here and see what other folks were saying about it, and I wasn't disappointed! Your recording was awesome, nice job!