December 2022 Challenge - It's the Holidays!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Though undoubtedly best known for his 1994 blockbuster Christmas album "Christmas Gonzo Style," Jerry Jeff Walker also wrote this song, a longtime favorite of mine which, as far as I can tell, has never been covered by Mariah Carey. In the spirit of this holiday season (and the spirit of Rule #7), here is my contribution to the Dec 2022 challenge:

Great job! I play this one with a capo at the 6th fret, and use a C shaped F# for the first chord. I may have to revisit your key & fingering.

Reactions: dvs

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Though undoubtedly best known for his 1994 blockbuster Christmas album "Christmas Gonzo Style," Jerry Jeff Walker also wrote this song, a longtime favorite of mine which, as far as I can tell, has never been covered by Mariah Carey. In the spirit of this holiday season (and the spirit of Rule #7), here is my contribution to the Dec 2022 challenge:

Nicely gone!
(y)

TexBill

Blues in Texas
I agree with @dvs on the distortion. When I played it, I had to raise the volumne above a level that I normally listen comfortably. Seems like that is a recurring phenomanon when you record and your mix is loud to you but not the final version that gets posted. Just saying. I don't know how to tell you to correct the audion level, however, you can easily roll back the distortion factor.

FrankL

Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew

Very well done! I thoroughly enjoyed that.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I cheated again---not all the way I did play the tamborine (out of beat).
My 11 year old Grand-niece- Mia-- came up to visit a few days ago for a belated Thanksgiving dinner; she looked pretty bored so I ask her if she liked to sing--she said yes, so I ask her if she had ever heard her self before-she hadn't so I recorded her singing "Rockin Round the Christmas tree".
It is really short but I think you will agree This kid can sing and has a BEAUTIFUL voice.
The recording is nothing spectacular as you will hear.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I cheated again---not all the way I did play the tamborine (out of beat).
My 11 year old Grand-niece- Mia-- came up to visit a few days ago for a belated Thanksgiving dinner; she looked pretty bored so I ask her if she liked to sing--she said yes, so I ask her if she had ever heard her self before-she hadn't so I recorded her singing "Rockin Round the Christmas tree".
It is really short but I think you will agree This kid can sing and has a BEAUTIFUL voice.
The recording is nothing spectacular as you will hear.
Exceptional, especially for an acapella performance!

FrankL

Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew
Here is my offering for the December challenge. Wow, a lot of chord changes but worth the work. I started working on this tune on Monday. Here is the culmination of about 15 hours worth of repetition. There are some rough spots but not as many as I thought there would be. I found a YouTube backing track to play against. There is a rhythm guitar on the track with some fills. The rest is me playing my LP shown in my profile pic :oops: