Dear Mr. Fantasy (sort of) -Complete

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
I've been messing around learning this song with my Helix and looper today and decided I may as well try and make a jam track out of the chord progressions. This is by no means a direct copy of the songs structure but more of a "loosely based on" version made for soloing over. There are two parts. The A - G - D progression (where the singing would normally be) that I played A minor pentatonic over and the F# minor --> A x3 / F# minor --> E7 x1 that I played A major pentatonic over. I didn't really listed too closely to the Traffic version so I'm not sure what they played but this seemed to sound ok to my ears. Hopefully the overall mix is alright. I have trouble trying to get all of the tracked evened out volume wise. Seemed a little bit muddy to me so if any of you have any comments on that part of the track, I am open to suggestions. I took the first 2:33.

My wife and I are flying down to Florida Sunday so no more guitar for the next week, but also no more snow either:Beer::Beer::Beer:.

Dear Mr. Zeppelin

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Dear. Mr. Z,

It is with great please that find myself writing to you.
I enjoyed your entire band and your solo work on this song.
Please be sure to post your world tour schedule when plans are finalized.

Looking forward to your new album release.
Sincerely,
Mr. Moto

Ted_Zeppelin

Dear. Mr. Z,

I enjoyed your entire band and your solo work on this song.
Please be sure to post your world tour schedule when plans are finalized.

Looking forward to your new album release.
Sincerely,
Mr. Moto

My bass player really sucks, the drummer has the personality of a computer chip and I had to bury the keyboard player so far down in the mix that you probably didn’t even notice he was on the track. I was kind of hoping to ditch these losers and join the Moto Maniacs:Beer:. Do you have any openings?

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Look elsewhere, good players need not apply.
The only openings currently available are for interns with low skills and no expectation of compensation.
The band leader only selects those who fall below his own skill level, so he can have the illusion of greatness.
You're skills exceed our standards.
Ha! La Bamba popped up on the tube yesterday,

Can you sing Salena?

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
This is an interesting one. The first part is more major sounding to me but the minor pentatonic does seem to work over it. Maybe more of a D major/A mixolydian or A mixo/A minor blues hybrid for that part.

The other piece sounds darker to me, maybe A lydian?

I am going to try and put something together tomorrow and maybe participate in this one.

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
Never mind! I just listened to the Traffic recording and it is solid A minor pentatonic. I still may try to mix in a little major/Mixo sounds into it.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Thank you all for being brave enough to tackle that and for finishing it off before I got into the bourbon and got my mitts on it!
I spent a good portion of this afternoon trying to play ANYTHING I could submit and came up with zip! Most of my afternoon woodshedding came up with the audible equivalent of what I was cleaning up during morning barn chores. You're all far more creative, curious and adventurous than I. Nice work, everyone.

Question for @Crossroads: Was that your Schecter with that magnetic F%*king thing?

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

I finally got a chance to listen to everyone’s contributions all the way through. Nice job everyone, even you Kevin with that “magnetic F*@&ing thing”. I do think that this track set a record for pig, hog and bacon references though. Also, I do apologize for the abrupt ending. I forgot all about doing a formal ending or at least a fade out until after I had posted the track.