Dammit!

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Seems like an innocuous enough activity, tossing around a football. Hope you can make a fist soon.
When I was helping a friend move at the tender young age of 65. I found a skateboard and headed to the top of the Uhaul loading ramp....no sweat....The board ended up across the street and me on my ass at the top of the loading ramp...didn't make it a foot.
I hold my own beer now...and spend my days trying to drown the dumb young punk inside of me.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
HaHaHa ... :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Yeah, the coach kicked me off the team. Guess he didn't like it that a dumb freshman rookie took out his star center for the entire season. He didn't like it either when I told him the gorilla then had a whole year to do nothing but stuff himself with more nachos and put on a few more pounds. But the coach was also the history teacher and I got straight 'F's in history all through high school. Maybe that was because I insisted that Columbus didn't discover America, that it was some drunken Viking a century or so before Columbus.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
I can almost touch my finger to my palm now but it's still swollen and I can't really press it down.

I figure it will be functional for guitar when I can comfortably finger a D-chord.

I reckon a couple more days.

sloslunas

NM Blues
Sounds like a completely legitimate Workman's Comp claim. Take a year off, and come back to work when you are more better...

Steve

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Sounds like a completely legitimate Workman's Comp claim. Take a year off, and come back to work when you are more better...

Steve

LOL!

We tossed that idea around for a few minutes and my buddies at work would have sworn to my suffering a work-related injury if I wanted them to, until one of them said to me, "But that's not you", and I said, "Right, that's not me".

And it isn't.

A lot of things can be taken from a person; their freedom, their property, their rights -- their life.
But there's one thing that cannot be taken and that's their integrity.

Integrity can only be given away and in my opinion, if someone chooses to give up their integrity, then they've pretty much given up any real reason to draw breath.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I decided to take your advice and try some slide.

I tried various tunings and settled on open G. I played with some tracks and actually got close to something I could call musical.

This will require further investigation but it seems promising.
Can't wait to hear some of that!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
OOOPS!
Just catching up on this.:(

Everyday I'm reminded that my old body has limits.

Your story reminded me of Chicago Softball:
I was never big into organized sports but, as a kid, I played them all in the alley behind my house or out in the street.
I don't know the history of it but in Chicago when you played softball it was 16" which I assumed was the standard until I learned otherwise.
It was pretty much a given that you'd end a game with a jammed finger.
upload_2020-8-18_11-4-2.jpeg
upload_2020-8-18_11-4-23.jpeg

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
OOOPS!

I was never big into organized sports but, as a kid, I played them all in the alley behind my house or out in the street.
I don't know the history of it but in Chicago when you played softball it was 16" which I assumed was the standard until I learned otherwise.
View attachment 12395
View attachment 12396

WOW! :eek:
What did you have to do, hit it through a hoop? ;)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
OOOPS!

View attachment 12395
View attachment 12396

We used to call that pumpkin ball.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
[Q
OOOPS!

View attachment 12395
View attachment 12396

Boy, does this bring back memories of growing up in Chicago. Left to right.....16''......12"..........a baseball. The beauty of 16" was that you needed less space. We played in some tournaments where the other team used mitts. What was that about? I was a shortstop and prayed I didn't get a line drive in the top of the first. A few innings later, it would soften up and you could one hand it. I later moved on to fast pitch 12" and got to face Eddie Feigner of The King and His Court. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. (y):Beer:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
We didn't have the 16" here in the south to my knowledge, and softball here was slow pitch and for the old guys (25-35) and fast pitch for the girls, boys just played baseball, except in grade school then it was slow pitch softball and coed.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
We just called it softball, but I have heard it referred to as Kitten ball before.
Kitten ball is what it was called in North Dakota when I was growing up. My parents played fast pitch softball every summer. 2 or 3 nights a week and multiple weekends for tournaments I was at the ballfields. Every year they entered a kitten ball tournament with some of their friends. Unlike their regular softball leagues that were taken seriously, this was just for fun (meaning it turned into a fun drinking event for most of them). It was co-ed, women could use gloves but the men couldn’t. I loved that tournament every year because by the last game or two, I always ended up being able to play due to someone (or multiple people) being hurt (finger jams) or having had to much to drink. It was pretty cool for a young 10 year old kid to be able to play with the grownups. Great memories!