CRGU Solo #6

Discussion in 'Classic Rock Guitar Unleashed Recordings' started by jmin, Nov 19, 2021.

1. jmin

jmin Student Of The Blues

...a nice, melodic solo along the lines of what might be played over the Beatles classic, “Let It Be.”

Not sure I hear "Let it be," but it's another good lesson on teaching the 3+2 pattern and a really fun solo to stretch out on the fingerboard. It's the intro solo lesson (15) to the major pentatonic. I really like the sound, but I'm always hearing "country" when I play it.

I've been experimenting with different GarageBand "pedal" (effects) and recordings. For this one I did a bunch of takes and was trying decide between two tracks when I tried both together. Between the two takes, I think I hit all the notes! Thanks for listening!

CRGU Solo #6 jmin

dvs and Paleo like this.
  2. dvs

dvs Green Mountain Blues

#2 dvs, Nov 19, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    jmin likes this.
  3. jmin

jmin Student Of The Blues

Wow! Thanks @dvs, I really appreciate you doing my homework for me! I admit, I didn't even listen to 'Let It Be' while I did this lesson, and was just spouting off from a weak memory of the song - I may have even confused it with Hey Jude!
    It's funny, when I have to learn a song for a jam or once-a-year-gig, I'm all over YouTube listening to different versions of the song. But for Griff's lessons, I never even think of listening to something else when I have Griff's playing and transcription as the target.
    I don't listen enough :(.