CRGU Solo 5 in style of Mike McCready

Those 4th and 5th licks give me fits, but i can play it at speed by memory with enough confidence to move on to the next lesson.

This solo is in the style of Mike MCready (Pearl Jam) with influences of Ace Frehley, Jimi Henrix, Robby Krieger and others who came before them. I sure appreciate Griff creating these lessons for us. They are the best i've ever found and reasonably priced for the hours of enjoyment we get out of them.

Recorded with Audacity software using Carvin SH-445 guitar and Fender Mustang Amp with Aussie Rock model. Key of D.

https://soundcloud.com/windintrees/crgu-solo-5-in-style-of-mike-mccready-2017dec20

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Played well, just a shame it was such a short solo still when you do your gig you can loop repeat it and stretch it out for your public. (y)

Two of those licks were totally new to me, not like anything in any blues music I ever played. It is good to get out of our comfort zones once in a while.

The nice thing about these crgu solos being so short is that it doesn’t take long to learn them, but I do hope Griff finds a way to put some full length classic rock songs in a course in a manner of the blues-gig-in-a-box courses. Thanks for listening and encouraging.