CRGU Solo 1

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
So Mrs Snarf and I are supposed to be moving. Today is my day to get the music room packed along with a book shelf full of books from the guest room and some other things. So, what do I do? I set my happy behind in the music room and started packing. And by "started packing" I mean finally decided to start working on CRGU Solo 1 (I think I'm actually on lesson 11 or 12 - the moveable chords or little chords lesson...whatever that one is). I got the stink eye from the Mrs several times as she's walked past the room and looked in wanting to know why there are no new boxes sitting on the floor. Guess somebody's in trouble now. :whistle:

Anyways, used the long jam track and played through the the solo I think 2 and half times before I went off the rez with it. Looks like I really need to work on those bends a bit. Not real happy with them...they're not real precise. I kept part of the vid after I started horsing around and kept going for a bit after I faded this out, but it was just more noodling around.

Recorded with my phone. Gibby 335 to my Fender Super Champ x2 using the AC30TB model (channel 2 voice 10.)

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Sounds good to me. Even when you start to go "off the rez". That's when the "magic" happens.:sneaky:

(BW)

Better off with the Blues!
That was great! Hopefully you are settled in now. Would love to see your progress on this course.

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
Inspirational. Maybe someday I'll get around to looking at CRGU. I bought it when it first came out.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Top man, that was real cool and great to listen too. Good luck with the move and I hope you didn't get too much of an ear bashing. (y)

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
hey snarf good job.. i just pulled CRGU off the shelf and am getting it started ..i hope i can nail it as good as you..i found out you cant lie when playing the guitar...it sounded to me you put in the time to pull off such an awesome solo..nice job(y)

OH Hey ..i have that same blackheart head with cab ..i like it better than my DSL15 marshall head...in my room any ways 3watts..it take pedals well

Last edited:
That inspires me to get the course out and work on it, you sound good there snarf.
Hopefully the move allows you to reestablish your music room and get back to playing soon.