CRGU Lesson 2 Ex 2-7

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
You've got the notes, but maybe not the timing (and Griff says that the timing is more important than the notes.)
You seem to be at the very beginning of this so, count out loud. 1 & 2& 3& 4&. Be sure to play the right note on the right count even if the tempo isn't smooth.
This is a great start. Keep it up.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
You've got the notes, but maybe not the timing (and Griff says that the timing is more important than the notes.)
You seem to be at the very beginning of this so, count out loud. 1 & 2& 3& 4&. Be sure to play the right note on the right count even if the tempo isn't smooth.
This is a great start. Keep it up.
Thanks Mike,
I noticed that Griff changes the tempo each time he plays the four bars. I was playing along with him while he was counting out loud. You could not hear the count because I was listening via headset as he was playing. Tried to get as close to his example as I could. The first time through, he plays slower for emphasis. Each successive time he increases tempo slightly. I tried to mimic what he was doing. Will keep working on timing.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thanks Mike,
I noticed that Griff changes the tempo each time he plays the four bars. I was playing along with him while he was counting out loud. You could not hear the count because I was listening via headset as he was playing. Tried to get as close to his example as I could. The first time through, he plays slower for emphasis. Each successive time he increases tempo slightly. I tried to mimic what he was doing. Will keep working on timing.
ok, I was trying to follow along with you while reading the tab. As long as you are playing along with Griff, you are good to go.