Covered Faces (an original)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
That is one polished performance Moto.(y)(y)(y) Beautifully put together, and performed. Love it!! Your work has improved dramatically over the last year or so. Superb. Simply Superb.(y)(y)(y) Who did your backing vocals? They were amazing.:) Or was it you wearing exceptionally tight trousers?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm away to listen to it again.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
That is one polished performance Moto.(y)(y)(y) Beautifully put together, and performed. Love it!! Your work has improved dramatically over the last year or so. Superb. Simply Superb.(y)(y)(y) Who did your backing vocals? They were amazing.:) Or was it you wearing exceptionally tight trousers?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm away to listen to it again.
Thanks MM,
The polishing ain't done, but I'm getting close to being shinny:)
I brought the girls in for the session, it was nice having visitors in the studio.
No masks required, they stayed in a box. :sneaky:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
One of these days?
I thought Dave already picked up "Rock a Baby" and was working on lyrics.
Where you at on that?

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Where you at on that?
Same place as the last post (got a whole lot of them like that)--as for lyrics I got a bunch of them----I got to go thru them and figure out what ones I want to use and where to put them I got a lot of irons in the fire right now----"Can't miss my train" is sitting up there pretty much done but ain't had the time to record it yet. I would like to finish "Bitchy Neighbors" pretty soon, I also found a backing track for "Kung Foo Flu blues" up there in my archives; then there's "Lost in Austin". "Coffin Maker Blues"-.Got a jewelry project to finish--rebuilding a Tele on & on & on. I think we all know how it goes. Later:whistle:

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Says it all really. Can't add to what has already been said, excellent job. I have some decent lyrics I wrote for a Covid song but have yet to come up with some acoustic guitar tracks for it.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Says it all really. Can't add to what has already been said, excellent job. I have some decent lyrics I wrote for a Covid song but have yet to come up with some acoustic guitar tracks for it.
Thanks BigMike,
For me, the song writing process is never a straight line.
Sometimes I have a few lyrics to kick things off, other times a have riff or just a chord progression.
In most cases though, I need inspiration to turn it into a song.
This one did not start as a Covid song, actually it was about feeling disconnected with people who see the world differently then I do (mostly political points of view).
When I started bringing it together it just went in that direction.

My advise to anyone who has an idea stalled out is one of two paths:
-if you have lyrics and no music, just grab a guitar and start singing......feel the emotion in your lyrics and let it guide the music.
-if you have a chord progression, play it and think about what's making you sad, happy or just pissed off. Then let the lyrics develop as you play.

I know that's kinda over simplified but, it's what works for me.

Looking forward to hearing what you create.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
-if you have lyrics and no music, just grab a guitar and start singing......feel the emotion in your lyrics and let it guide the music.
-if you have a chord progression, play it and think about what's making you sad, happy or just pissed off. Then let the lyrics develop as you
Ditto--Glad you changed your direction on that one, it probably would not have been as great as it is.