Course Questions

JohnBaumann

Blues Newbie
Hi. Just a couple of topics:
1) Could you tell me the difference in content between How to Jam the Blues Alone, Playing on the Porch and 5 Easy Acoustic Blues Songs. Does How to Jam include the material covered in Playing on the Porch and 5 Acoustic Blues Songs? Do Porch and 5 Songs have similar content?
2) Do you offer any courses on fingerstyle blues? While I've been playing a long time, I haven't used a pick much; it feels very clumsy to me so I always return to using my fingers.

Thanks.

John Baumann

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Until someone more knowledgeable jumps in …..

Very briefly

"Playing on the Porch" is a small course introducing the 12-bar form, shuffle in E, E minor pent scale, a few simple licks and putting it all together.

"How to Jam Alone" starts with a wide variety of 1 and then 2 measure licks you can mix and match in various keys and feels.

"5 Easy Acoustic Songs" has 5 complete songs in the styles of some well known songs.

You could also check out the Course Catalog for complete descriptions of each course.

Also the "Granddaddy" of them all, "Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed".

No, there is no course dedicated to fingerstyle in the catalog.

Last edited:

RobertYoung186

Blues Student/enthusiast
Until someone more knowledgeable jumps in …..

Very briefly

"How to Jam Alone" starts with a wide variety of 1 and then 2 measure licks you can mix and match in various keys and feels.

"5 Easy Acoustic Songs" has 5 complete songs in the styles of some well known songs.

You could also check out the Course Catalog for complete descriptions of each course.

Also the "Granddaddy" of them all, "Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed".

No, there is no course dedicated to fingerstyle in the catalog.
I got a lot out of How to Jam the Blues Alone course.