Counting and a Revelation!

Rob63

Make It Your Own
I have several of your courses and get your daily emails and you stress over and over and over again the importance of counting. I'm 65 and an intermediate player so, like I suppose many, tried to skip a lot of the counting parts of videos. ;-) Well having done the BGU course and a few others, last night I had a revelation! Going through the Slow Blues Construction Kit I was "counting" the licks in my head as I was reading the tabs. I realized that now I can see the music and subdivide the notes with the beats :-O In other words it has helped me to "read" the music. As you said.....It Works!!
IMO you have the best content for learning blues guitar on the internet! I have sampled several others and find your style of teaching has much more "clarity"!
Thanks Griff for making my hobby mush more rewarding!
Rob in Canada.

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
+1 on your comment about this being the best instruction for learning blues guitar. When you think you're ready for some deep counting, check out Griff's new course "Rhythm Figures". You have to digest this one slowly but you'll probably find yourself counting through every song you listen to!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I'm still working on that.

giphy.gif

david moon

Attempting the Blues
As far as counting, I will just say SRV "Life Withouht You"is difficult
The opening phrase sounds like a triplet feel

Life Without You1 and a 2

But it is actually 3 & 4 & and there is no prominent downbeat on 1

I could be wrong