Coming back to Lesson 12 later.

Annie

On my way
It was my goal to have Lesson 12 down in two months. Now it is almost three months and I have only mastered the chords and their order. I am going on to the next Lesson. It has been a little discouraging not getting all the Shuffles down and now this one.
I want to try again later. I kinda like playing Lesson 12 late in the evening. It is kinda soothing to me for some reason. I will keep at it and watch the lesson Video on it once a week. Then maybe I can get it. It looks like a few people have came back to it after a time too. Wish me luck. :)

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Lesson 12 was a real challenge for me. Great sounding chord changes. Great mini theory lesson. Those changes can be applied in so many places once you internalize them. I had to nibble on that one 2 measures at a time and still had problems with last 4 measures for the longest time. Haven't tried it for a while. I don't even remember if I nailed it or not. I don't think so.

Be strong and of good courage. There are other things you do well. And someday this will be one of them.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I noodle around with lesson 14 just about every time I sit down to play. Put this one (12) on your warm-up routine. Play it slower. In various recording software such as Audacity you can slow down the temp of the backing track if that helps. For economy of motion, figure out which fingers stay in the same location, or which fingers stay on the same string and just move to a different fret. Don't pick up your whole hand and try to place it in the new position, keep some kind of "anchor"..

Nothing wrong with moving on and coming back to it.

Annie

On my way
Thanks guys for the advice and encouragement. I really like this lesson so I hope to eventually get it down.

You will eventually get lesson 12 down if you keep playing it, and good stuff is coming up for you in the next few bgu lessons. You can repeat bgu multiple times and continue improving each time through.

To me bgu offered a framework for learning rather than a one and done set of lessons. It is less like completing the 3rd grade and more like leaving graduate school for a while. The more you enjoy it the more you'll be engaged both heart and mind, and the more you'll get out of it.

Based on what you wrote, you are making the right decision to keep moving to the next lesson.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Hello @Annie, I noticed that you just recently returned to the Forum after a while away. I'm working on Lesson 12 at present and although it's still pretty rough, I'm getting pretty close to working it out. I'd be interested to know how you went/are going with Lesson 12.

Annie

On my way
Hi Chris,
It has been so long that I really don't remember why I gave up. It seems like it was a pretty hard one for me Still I got through all the lessons up to the solos, I am pretty much stating over now. I want to focus more on counting this time. So many of the lessons I recorded were pretty sloppy. I need to work on cleaning them up. Sorry to say I am back to the beginning, but I'll try to check in with you on how it went. Maybe then you can give me a few pointers.