Clevelands calling ( from the underground )

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Hey people John Hurley here from CLE. After not picking up a guitar for almost 50 years I have been working hard for 18 months. Rock and Blues are my interests. I'm ok ish at chords and working hard at bar chords at speed to songs.

Playing Gibsons I have a couple ( LP and SG ) using Boss Katana Air practice amp. Often on headphones so the wife and daughter don't yell at me ( need a man cave for guitar ).

I bought the BGU version 2 course a couple of months ago and working ( slowly ) at going through it. Jamming a lot recently against the first Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac album using a variety of full bar chords and some of the nice smaller chord variations Griff has in early lessons.

Best recent concerts were seeing MC50 ( brother Wayne Kramer ) in Cleveland and the Motor City.

Heres my SG for a little eye candy!

Later John

IMG_9414.jpg

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Hey, John! Welcome! Sounds like your on a good path to guitar success, and you have good taste in guitars! Beautiful! Enjoy the ride.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Welcome John. That is one beautiful guitar. Hopefully we'll hear it in action in the Virtual Jam Room before too long. Have fun on your journey.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Welcome to the forum. I had to do a little research to to figure out that MC50 is the 50th anniversary of MC5. I saw them in 1968 at the Student Union at Michigan State. Kick out the jams, dude!

Nice guitar.

Last edited:

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Welcome to the forum. I had to do a little research to to figure out that MC50 is the 50th anniversary of MC5. I saw them in 1968 at the Student Union at Michigan State. Kick out the jams, dude!

Nice guitar.

Hey thanks David. I'm from east lansing lived in ann arbor for two years so I saw MC5 a couple times in AA including 1968 doing the album the first time. My step mom lives in Okemos so I am up there around MSU a fair amount.

Cleotis

Boiled Eggs Rock
Have you guys heard of Red Cedar elementary school in East Lansing? Close to University Village (married housing for MSU).

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Actually no. What does that have to do with commentary on MC5 of the 60s and the 50 yr later version?

AlI could find was some folks don't want a school closed.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Have you guys heard of Red Cedar elementary school in East Lansing? Close to University Village (married housing for MSU).

Sure I went to Marble elementary ( off hagadorn ) and 1 year at McDonald middle school but my parents were living somewhere close to there in some kind of quonset hut thing when he first started working at MSU ( PhD in psychology he worked there 40+ years ).

I grew up on campus every saturday ice skating literally all day while Mom was finishing her PhD ( so at library ) with my younger sisters at the old skating rink ( the old armory I guess called Demonstration hall now ) way before Munn arena was put in.

I spent 3 years as an undergraduate at MSU later but became scared of graduating with a degree in psychology ( but that's a different story ).