Clearance Microphones

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
wandered into Guitar Center like I have a tendency to do.............and saw a microphone on clearance. Grab my phone and look at what it has sold for, and what it is now.

Now, to be truthful, I am just breaking into spending over $100 on a microphone so looking at something that is listed everywhere at $300 to $400 everywhere gives me a cold chill up my spine

but, when they re-do the microphone display and sell it, in the box with all the toys for...............wait for it wait for it

$69

Yeah, I bought it, I dont own any condensors, and if I dont like it, I have a feeling I can get most of my money back

Untitled.jpg

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Wow!
Quite a bargain.
I've accumulated a few mics over the last few years and have found quite a difference in how they sound.
Kinda like pickups, each one has it's own personality.
I'm not familiar with that particular mic but, It should be very versatile with it's multiple polar patterns.
Have fun and post a sample when you can.
(y)

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
WHOA---at that price I would/or will be all over. Of course they probably only had one. My luck.
I would pop into your local Guitar center, they didn't even list it as clearance, I just saw it in the case, and know they were marking others down I am going to look at tonight. I always make a trip every three days for the first two weeks of the year, this is when they have scratch and dent, clearance items

its my own personal black friday

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Wow!
Quite a bargain.
I've accumulated a few mics over the last few years and have found quite a difference in how they sound.
Kinda like pickups, each one has it's own personality.
I'm not familiar with that particular mic but, It should be very versatile with it's multiple polar patterns.
Have fun and post a sample when you can.
(y)

specs wise, it is a sterling 77, from my understanding, its the Chinese clone of the sterling. it even comes with its own little wooden box...fancyyyyyyyyyyy

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
finally got a day to get it set up, will be testing a little this afternon. I figure with the pre-amps, using phantom power (never had to before)

trying to figure out what the buttons do, it has three of them, I can at least give it a try today. It did come with a cshock mount, and a windscreen, so that was cool, and extra string thingys for the bouncy thing on itIMG_1537.jpg IMG_1538.jpg