change of direction

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Originally, I ordered BGU2..got through the first couple f lessons at a normal pace.
When the 40% sale hit, ordered the acoustic unleashed.....

Then thought, maybe I am missing out on something, said the heck with it, and ordered the beginning blues guitar. The first DVD seems pretty easy, the hard part is going back and playing the little chords, when I am used to the full b7.

but....I think the=is is the correct track

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
It's a wonderful FOUNDATION course, as is Strumming & Rhythm Mastery.  Invariably, there will be something to build upon.

For many, it's the "little chords", like your B7....so that it gives you a chord fragment to use as a legit chord and to intersperse in your playing with your lead work.  Excellent to build up to SRV/Tab Benoit style playing.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
yeah, I learned barre chords first, so, sometimes, only doing part of it is a trick for me. I have been learning from my buddy Martys course for a while.

I came to BGUto get another perspective and to be a more rounded player,and to actually understand concepts.

I can get up and make it through Mustang Sally, Knock on Wood, boogie woogie bugle boy and such..................but I am a touch OCD, so was worried maybe there was a little nugget of information I was missing

BGU and ABGU are two different styles of playing. 
I enjoyed both of them and hope that you will too.

There should be plenty in both courses to challengen you and help you improve. 
I can't speak for BBG having not done it myself, there is a lot of positive feedback from those who have.

ENJOY !

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I am enjoying it, even though I can play a bunch of songs, the BBG course is showing me some weakness I had, right off the bat, strumming a chord then adding a fill.........I am horrendous at it.

I think it is something I never forced myself to practice, so, I never developed that skill