DAW BX/Plugin Alliance sale.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
FB_IMG_1673535462730.jpg
This popped up in my feed this morning. It's a great deal. Is anyone familiar with Brainworx plugins. Some of these plugins go for up to $450 individually, so 4 for $50 seems like a great deal. I have only a few non-StudioOne plugins, but this is very tempting.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
They seem to have good reviews, and yeah, 4 for $50 is pretty much a no brainer to be honest. I just upgraded and deleted all my "Budget" plug in's (except CLA, I like those). If you have the spare cash sitting around, how could you go wrong ?

I mean, we all spend twice that many times on stuff @CaptainMoto is my go to for counsel.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I agree. I'm pretty anti-third party plugins, but I'm gonna sample some of these. Now I just need to choose four. I'm looking at the mastering true peak compressor, a de-esser (a place studio one is not very strong at and is a persistent issue of mine), the Amek 9099 channel strip, and probably a bass or guitar amp sim.
The sale ends in 16 hours.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I've got a few from Brainworxs, given I can't remember which ones I have suggests I don't use them much.
@BraylonJennings , I'lll have to go take a look at what I have and investigate that offer:unsure:

@sdbrit68 be careful relying on anyone hanging out in this place:ROFLMAO:

UPDATE:
I just took a look at what I use regularly and I see two Brainworxs.
I use these quite a bit, forgot who made them:

Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic​

Brainworx bx_subfilter​

Last edited:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
So I went in and looked at their stuff, did the listen demo with studio headphones. Some pretty cool stuff if, and only if you can really get those sounds as an amateur. I mean a pro could get awesome sounds using all free stuff.

But, I just invested a ton of money into an all new DAW in Presonus one -6, and just upgraded to Izotope Ozone 10 advanced

Honestly, with what I have, I got enough to keep me entertained for ten years, and with what I paid, it better work.......lol

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Not Ozone ?
If I use Ozone it’s after I finish the mix. Studio One has a section for doing mastering. When you finish the mix create a “project “
That’s where you do the mastering.

About plugins....
The plugins included in S1 are more than adequate to do everything necessary to create good mixes. There’s so much under the hood it can occupy your brain for years.

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
We're all guilty of G.A.S.
Let's face it...if we only had one guitar and one amp, we'd have to spend our time learning how to make it work.
It's so easy to gravitate to pedals for our tone variations when we could probably do better if we understood how to control the basics first.
Same goes for plugins.
The most important thing we could do is focus on better performances and recording techniques.
I often have to put the brakes on what I’m doing, ..stop piling on plugins and go back to the beginning to decide what I'm trying to accomplish.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
We're all guilty of G.A.S.
Let's face it...if we only had one guitar and one amp, we'd have to spend our time learning how to make it work.
It's so easy to gravitate to pedals for our tone variations when we could probably do better if we understood how to control the basics first.
Same goes for plugins.
The most important thing we could do is focus on better performances and recording techniques.
I often have to put the brakes on what I’m doing, ..stop piling on plugins and go back to the beginning to decide what I'm trying to accomplish.
I remember when I first started recording, you said that.............and I actually took it too heart. Most everything I recorded was one or two takes "Live"

Got a basic DAW, it had Melodyne essentials that came with it. Other than that, some reverb............I only used the drop down mastering settings. You could chose, country, rock, pop.
And since I like to play live coffee shop stuff, I recorded everything that way.................then I got addicted.

Part of me wants to jump in and start using the new toys, but, instead, I am holding off, using old stems learning the basics of S1, I am forcing myself to wait until and least February 1st, then I am switching to a month of learning Ozone. In the mean time, I am making my acoustic beg for mercy.

I think I actually heard it say to be gentle, I am not a les paul

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I remember when I first started recording, you said that.............and I actually took it too heart. Most everything I recorded was one or two takes "Live"

Got a basic DAW, it had Melodyne essentials that came with it. Other than that, some reverb............I only used the drop down mastering settings. You could chose, country, rock, pop.
And since I like to play live coffee shop stuff, I recorded everything that way.................then I got addicted.

Part of me wants to jump in and start using the new toys, but, instead, I am holding off, using old stems learning the basics of S1, I am forcing myself to wait until and least February 1st, then I am switching to a month of learning Ozone. In the mean time, I am making my acoustic beg for mercy.

I think I actually heard it say to be gentle, I am not a les paul
:giggle:
Poor acoustic....be nice!

My take on recording priorities:

Attachments

• Recording Priorities.png
    Recording Priorities.png
    144 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: