BSH - FWB Slow

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Good job Tim, you have it all there and you were a little smoother on the second half, in fact it sounded like you were ready to up the tempo and wanted to go for it  [smiley=beer.gif]

So I think before long you'll be posting us the full speed version to enjoy, you're ready!

Good job Tim, you have it all there and you were a little smoother on the second half, in fact it sounded like you were ready to up the tempo and wanted to go for it 

Thanks for all the comments guys. 
I have been practicing it faster.  However, my big personal goal with this course is to play "in time" not just as I feel like  it.  I have been doing the; "like I feel like it" for years.   I think that the only way I'll really improve is with discipline. 

--Tim

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Tim - slow practice is good for training your fingers.  When ever I have trouble playing something, slowing it down is always the first step to major improvement.

Way to go  :cool:

Russ

Blues Newbie
Tim, your first recording is better than the one that I was too embarrassed to post. You're getting there. Just remember to play along with Griff's CD. It's amazing how much improvement there can be when your fingers realize they are not going as fast as you want them to. I had a heck of a time with this one. When I moved to the fast version, I had a heck of a time going back to the slow version. But as was said, your hands need to learn the motions before they can do their job. Good job and keep it up. ;)

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Tim, you did a good job there, the first half was more confident but you kept up with the backing track and it sounded really cool. It'll just get better & better now as you run through it in practice... next lesson!  [smiley=beer.gif]

L

Lame_Pinkey

I think you were actually going a tad too fast there Tim, its easy to do with a bass rhythm like this.Good practice for this is to play it (either fast or slow) & finger the notes as they change but don't pick - just follow the changes in time with the recording.It will help big time.

LP

I think you were actually going a tad too fast there Tim, its easy to do with a bass rhythm like this.Good practice for this is to play it (either fast or slow) & finger the notes as they change but don't pick - just follow the changes in time with the recording.It will help big time.

LP

Thanks LP ... I needed a motivational tip.  Seems like I haven't gotten any better in a week.  It has started effecting my desire to practice. :(

I'll definitely give that a try.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Good job Tim. IN the second one you definitely got ahead of the track. Listening and playing at the same time is a hard, but VERY important thing to learn how to do. I'd stick with this one for a little while longer till you can play along with the track, because future lessons and BGU when you get there will require it.