Bruce Springsteen tickets - crazy

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist

Relax.

There are plenty of $60.00 seats available.

Granted, they're adjacent to the nearest Zip Code but if your phone has Bluetooth and you have a decent set of earbuds, I'm sure you could hear the show just fine. And with a good pair of binoculars, you'd probably be able to see the stage as well.

All in all, it's a pretty good setup to hear the Boss sing about the plight of the working man!

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Relax.

There are plenty of $60.00 seats available.

Granted, they're adjacent to the nearest Zip Code but if your phone has Bluetooth and you have a decent set of earbuds, I'm sure you could hear the show just fine. And with a good pair of binoculars, you'd probably be able to see the stage as well.

All in all, it's a pretty good setup to hear the Boss sing about the plight of the working man!
I don't know what the "Ticketmaster Dynamic Pricing" means, but yeah. That same article says, "Prices started around $60 for some of the seats furthest from the stage."

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
But speaking of ticket prices, my wife and I were trying to decide whether to:
1) Go to Eric Clapton again. He is playing the United Center in Chicago in September. We went to Nashville to see him last August. But how many more chances will we have? I was leaning this way. Or,
2) Go to Jackson Browne at Red Rocks, also September. We have never seen Jackson Browne nor been to Red Rocks. Actually, I think I did once but.....
My wife is leaning this way.

I just priced tickets for Jackson Bowne! The cheapest start at $300!

Decision made.

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
But speaking of ticket prices, my wife and I were trying to decide whether to:
1) Go to Eric Clapton again. He is playing the United Center in Chicago in September. We went to Nashville to see him last August. But how many more chances will we have? I was leaning this way. Or,
2) Go to Jackson Browne at Red Rocks, also September. We have never seen Jackson Browne nor been to Red Rocks. Actually, I think I did once but.....
My wife is leaning this way.

I just priced tickets for Jackson Bowne! The cheapest start at $300!

Decision made.
Good choice. If he ever comes my way again, I would jump at the chance (again).

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
One of only two shows I left very early. It was his very first born to run tour. I've never liked Bruce. Too much hype not enough interesting music.

Last edited:

DaveFromVA

In the basement.
One of only two shows I left very early. It was his very first born to run tour. I've never like Bruce. Too much hype not enough interesting music.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but that's OK. We all like what we like. I personally think he’s one of the greatest artists in rock history. But I grew up in Jersey, so I may be a bit biased.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
@JohnHurley

I first saw him July 1981 during the “River” tour.

At Richfield Coliseum. (y)

Before they tore it down. (n)

Last edited:

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
@JohnHurley

I first saw him July 1981 during the “River” tour.

At Richfield Coliseum. (y)

Before they tore it down. (n)
I saw that show. Saw him a few times, starting in 1974 at John Caroll University gymnasium. Great band, like most, as they grew richer and more important, they got less interesting. He was a hard working dude, but I'm not interested in seeing him at this time. Most of the shows I see now are up and comers at small venues. I can't think of anyone I want to see at an arena size event these days. Springsteen's success was deservedly earned, though.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Most of the shows I see now are up and comers at small venues. I can't think of anyone I want to see at an arena size event these days. Springsteen's success was deservedly earned, though.
I'm right there with you. Last show I attended (other than local artists) was Walter Trout and Tinsley Ellis in Charlotte at a small venue. It's actually an old movie theatre and is big enough to hold maybe 1,000 people. The Charlotte Blues Society does a pretty good job of bringing in artists you would hear on SXM - BB King's Bluesville channel and they do their best to keep the ticket prices at a reasonable level.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I'm right there with you. Last show I attended (other than local artists) was Walter Trout and Tinsley Ellis in Charlotte at a small venue. It's actually an old movie theatre and is big enough to hold maybe 1,000 people. The Charlotte Blues Society does a pretty good job of bringing in artists you would hear on SXM - BB King's Bluesville channel and they do their best to keep the ticket prices at a reasonable level.
Living in the Atlanta area, I'm ashamed to say I've never seen Tinsley live!