Bought BGIAB ... still on BGU

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
Although I started BGU only 3-4 months ago and am still having a blast with it, just couldn't let the special thanksgiving offer go by... question to all my knowledgeable peers out there - should I first finish BGU, or tackle both BGU and BGIAB simultaneously ? Thanks guys, and happy thanksgiving to all of you  [smiley=beer.gif]

L

LynnLaFrance

My suggestion would be to finish BGU first.  You would then have all 5 pentatonic boxes under your fingers and also be exposed to Major and Minor Pentatonic playing, along with many techniques that you use in Blues playing and guitar in general.  Having a really good foundation will help you when going to BGIAB.

However, with that said, in BGIAB you are really just following TAB so it would be "easy" to just jump in.  But if you really want to understand what's going on - and have some technique already under your belt - finishing BGU is the way to go before moving on.

Just my $.02.  Enjoy BGU!

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
+1 with LLL...BGU will start to connect a lot of the dots...for me the other courses just drive things deeper...later.

cowboy

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'd say that once you complete the first several solos in BGU (say up to solo 3 or 4) you could start BGIAB.