Bob's Blog

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
A source of useful information concerning Blues Guitar can be had at Bob's Blog – Lead Guitar Tactics. Give it a try and see if there is anything that interests you. As for my self, I created a folder with sub folders to contain the desired information. It helps to be organized! I can find the topic of interest that way and the information is very helpful.

http://leadguitartactics.com/blog/

Tom

reconbuzzard

Blues Newbie
I must be doing something wrong, been trying to get info on and or purchase
triad power blues edition with no results contacted help desk and they said it was no longer
on the course catalog, have not been able to get a hold of bob either

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I must be doing something wrong, been trying to get info on and or purchase
triad power blues edition with no results contacted help desk and they said it was no longer
on the course catalog, have not been able to get a hold of bob either
I have that course. If you play it like Bob it is very difficult. The man is a machine! I have not finished the course but I do practice triad progressions that I have taken from the course as part of my warm ups. It is a hybrid picking course which I like. :cool:

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Hmmm... I just went to my dashboard at leadguitartactics.com and the Triad Power course is no longer listed there either, I wonder if Bob pulled it from his list of offered courses? I know he moved his web site to a new provider and he's been working on getting all my courses back onto my dashboard that got lost in the transition but maybe that course is no longer being sold? I did get an email from him a couple of days ago about it.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Hmmm... I just went to my dashboard at leadguitartactics.com and the Triad Power course is no longer listed there either, I wonder if Bob pulled it from his list of offered courses? I know he moved his web site to a new provider and he's been working on getting all my courses back onto my dashboard that got lost in the transition but maybe that course is no longer being sold? I did get an email from him a couple of days ago about it.
I just went to my listing of courses and there it is!! When I bought the course I purchased it through this BGU curriculum. Go to the BGU Digital Delivery and check it the "Triad Power - Blues Edition" is there. ;)

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I just went to my listing of courses and there it is!! When I bought the course I purchased it through this BGU curriculum. Go to the BGU Digital Delivery and check it the "Triad Power - Blues Edition" is there. ;)
Yes, I bought it from Griff too and it is here in my digital delivery but it used to be listed in the course catalog and also on the dashboard at Bob's site but it has vanished from both "for sale" locations. Reconbuzzard sounds like he wants to buy it but it seems to have disappeared from availability. I hope Bob hasn't pulled it, it is a great course in my opinion. Of course maybe I am not remembering correctly and it was only available via email? It's been a while since I bought it.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
I didn't know Bob had a blog. Thanks for the info Tom. I am a big Bob Murnahan fan. I have
several of his courses and am a member in his LEAD GUITAR TACTICS AND RHYTHM GUITAR
TACTICS. I recently attending a seminar of his on double-stops that was great. I am weak on
theory and it is good for me that he emphasizes it.

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
Anyone know why the videos in the Digital Delivery for Triad Power are not working? I've used them before i.e. in the last 12 months. (I do realize I can download the videos).

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Good luck with the Digital Delivery... wish I could have helped but....Maybe I missed it somehow but I don't see Triad Power in the catalog... Is it still available...? Is it a Griff course...?

Thanks

reconbuzzard

Blues Newbie
good luck , I don't think bob keeps track of purchases people have made
I bought several of his stuff in the past and the only thing I can still get to is Jazzin the blues

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
what url are you trying to access? I just tried the members area of his site and when I login I see most of my courses:

Screenshot 2016-03-19 09.02.20.png

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Anyone know why the videos in the Digital Delivery for Triad Power are not working? I've used them before i.e. in the last 12 months. (I do realize I can download the videos).

I just checked the triad power in Griff's digital delivery and it is working again. Must have been a temporary glitch that is now fixed.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
what url are you trying to access? I just tried the members area of his site and when I login I see most of my courses:

View attachment 337

I've heard Bob's name quite a few times now. Guess he was before my time started here. I have been very curious about him and his materials. I went to the site listed on this screenshot [leadguitartactics.com] but I got nowhere... must be a members only site. There were no useful links there... Is Bob's site still active... is there a link to get more info...?

Thanks

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I've heard Bob's name quite a few times now. Guess he was before my time started here. I have been very curious about him and his materials. I went to the site listed on this screenshot [leadguitartactics.com] but I got nowhere... must be a members only site. There were no useful links there... Is Bob's site still active... is there a link to get more

I usually go right to the members section so I'm not sure. The last email I got from Bob was on Feb 25th for the "Crafting Great Guitar Parts 4" and it came from bob@leadguitartactics.com so I'd start there.

He seems to have these courses still available on the members section so I think they must still be for sale:

• Arps And Blues Course
  • Blues Chord By Chord
  • BUILD Course
  • Crafting Guitar Parts 1
  • Crafting Guitar Parts 2
  • Crafting Guitar Parts 3
  • Crafting Guitar Parts 4
  • Dominant Pentatonics Course
  • Great Guitar Tone
  • Jazz Chords
  • Jazz Soloing
  • Jazzin Up The Blues
  • Larry Carlton Blues Style
  • Lesson With The King

Last edited:

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
You're welcome. The really odd thing is, his flagship product Pentatonic Power seems not to be available anymore. At least I can't find it online.

That's a real head scratcher. I love that ebook! It's 150 days of practice routines to master the pentatonic forms and how to use them in context. I liked it because every day you knew exactly what to practice as it was spelled out in the book after the lesson.

Here is a couple sample lesson plans (these are at the end of each lesson) from day 1, day 2 and day 38. I just posted the plans, not the lessons themselves.

Here is the complete day one lesson plan.

Memorize fingering 1 of the pentatonic scale. Play it up and down the guitar starting at
the 1st fret and up to the 13th fret and back down again. This is 25 times. Do this twice.
You will have played the scale 50 times. This repetition will help you reach your goal.
Memorize the notes on the 6th string.

With that said here is the day 2 practice routine.

• Play the pentatonic scale starting at the 1st fret up to the 13th fret and back down again.
This will give you 25 repetitions for the day.
• Memorize the pattern presented in this section. Once you recognize the pattern on the
guitar on the guitar this should be very easy.
• Play the pattern from the 1st fret to the 13th and back down again. This will give you
25 reps on the pattern.

Remember to play slowly and with a steady tempo. Use of a metronome is highly
encouraged. Keep at it. Your well on your way to pentatonic power.

Day 38 and and another pattern. By now these should be getting real easy.

With that said, let’s move on to today’s practice routine.
• Play the pentatonic pattern from day 32 from the 1st fret to the 13th fret. On the way
back down to the 1st fret play the pattern from day number 35.
• Memorize the pattern presented in today’s lesson.
• Play today’s pattern from the 1st fret up to the13th and back down to the 1st fret again.
This will give you 25 repetitions of today’s pattern.
• Continue to practice the licks from the days 36 and 37.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Looks like good stuff!> I have heard only good things about Bob. It's too bad he seems to be a secret agent man now!