Blues in E & Blues in A

D

djr29hxty369

Started these and Hideaway Blues on Monday 7th Feb. Decided it was time to give the Squire Stat Standard a chance at recording now I've got a Vox L'il Night Train & Cab. A few minor goof-ups to sort out, but not too bad overall.

http://www.4shared.com/video/6bAY24jg/VID00018.html

May be some problem with the above link, I've uploaded it again (just spotted the problem a '.' after 'com', I've removed it so it should work now but I'll leave the second upload on for now):

http://www.4shared.com/video/ZR2eNEEI/Blues_in_e_and_a.html

L

Lame_Pinkey

you are coming along fine mate  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] , interesting that you use your pinky for the next part on the 4th fret - is it more comfortable for you ? When you get to doing these patterns higher up the neck you are going to need to have your ring finger planted as well, might be something for you to think about.
Otherwise you are coming along very well indeed.

LP

D

djr29hxty369

you are coming along fine mate  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] , interesting that you use your pinky for the next part on the 4th fret - is it more comfortable for you ? When you get to doing these patterns higher up the neck you are going to need to have your ring finger planted as well, might be something for you to think about.
Otherwise you are coming along very well indeed.

It just feels more comfortable at that position on the neck. I have up to now memorised the pattern for 2nd position major scales and all five patterns for the pentatonic minor scale and can connect them, although I'm going to save the repeats for later. The alternate picking exercises in Terrifying Technique for Guitar which I'm also working thru give alternate fingerings so I use both; so all fingers are getting a good workout on guitar. In total I'm practising the guitar about 14 hours a week, plus about the same on keyboards (I liked Griff's email about practising during TV commercials, don't watch much TV and when I do it's usually BBC4, so no commercials: some good music documentaries recently, Peter Green, Ray Davis, Bruce Springsteen, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Mark Knofler.   

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
It's really coming along nicely Dovydas. Wow, you have all the boxes memorized already? You are putting me to shame. I need to get back to learning the boxes and connecting them.

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Good going Dovydas!  Next, spice those up with some palm muting to get a percussive effect.  You're doing great!  :cool:

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Way to go! Like Wayne mentioned, time to work on the palm muting a little to really add that blues flava. Good job.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]