Blues in E and A

jammoore99

Blues Newbie
Moving through BBG, slowly I may add, but enjoying it greatly.  I need some advice on playing Blues in E and A and striking two strings at the same time.  I don't have a problem with the groove or strinking the E and A strings together , but when I need to strike the strings further into the fret board, either the A and D together or D and G strings together, I'm having some difficulty i.e. I continually hit multiple strings, I get these odd sounding twangs, etc.
It seems to me that continued practice is the obvious way to resolve this; however, any advice or tricks that can be passed  on would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks so much,
JMo

wgabree

Blues Newbie
This may be useful to you for this:

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/blog/muting-unwanted-strings/#

It's about more than just chords, but the principle is the same - mute unwanted string noise.

:cool:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Moving through BBG, slowly I may add, but enjoying it greatly.  I need some advice on playing Blues in E and A and striking two strings at the same time.  I don't have a problem with the groove or strinking the E and A strings together , but when I need to strike the strings further into the fret board, either the A and D together or D and G strings together, I'm having some difficulty i.e. I continually hit multiple strings, I get these odd sounding twangs, etc.
It seems to me that continued practice is the obvious way to resolve this; however, any advice or tricks that can be passed  on would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks so much,
JMo

My suggestion is to slow down and just focus on the accuracy of hitting the right strings and only those strings consistently at a comfortable speed.  As you speed up and keep working on it, somehow it just sort of "clicks" comes together without thinking about it.