Blues in A - 1st attempt at a palm mute!

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
All input is good input Dave & I thank you for it. I haven't done much with this since then but your thoughts are spot on because I'm looking at all the pieces I play & thinking I need more expression. I'm hoping that at least in part this is because I'm still learning to actually 'play' & that the expression will come out more later on when I'm not concentrating so hard on just getting the right sounds to come out in the right places  ;D

It's all good, I got past my frustrations of a day or so back, it'll come together one day :)

Have a beer mate!  [smiley=beer.gif]

Cheers Ray, thanks! Yeah, as long as you keep practicing it WILL come Ray... Awareness of what is required is always a good point to start, whatever the problem. Mostly, practice solves all problems, eventually...

A word on practice, though: I know Griff advocates keeping one's practices short and focussed and this is sound advice, but it should be remembered that this advice is mostly for beginning guitarists; Segovia practiced eight hours per day! (That's the only way to get THAT good!) I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can perhaps build up your practice time (assuming you have the time, that is)... and that increasing the amount of practice you do can only have a beneficial effect on your 'expression'. Nowadays I usually practice for about 2-3 hours; I usually record and do a 'post mortem' on practice sessions each time, making a note each time of what I need to do to improve... (Of course, I'm 'lucky' enough to be in a position where I have little else to do!)

Anyway, glad to see you're gonna 'keep on truckin''! Here, my round!

[smiley=beer.gif]