Bill's Hideaway Blues

bills10733

Blues Newbie
This may be a first for the blues forum... I'm not sure.  This was recorded at 37,000 feet over the Pacific as I was flying between Seattle and Tokyo.  I had my travel guitar with me (a Traveler Speedster), and plugged into my iPod.  Fortunately the seat next to me was empty so I got a little practice in, and this recording.

https://soundcloud.com/bill-smith-40/hideaway-blues-2

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Wow, that is a first and it sounds pretty good to me. Nice tone, too.   It sounds like it's time to move on to the next lesson although I'm not sure how you are going to top the recording venue.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
very nice job... [smiley=beer.gif]...like the tone you got...just think what you will do with it when you aren't so "high"...sorry but I couldn't resist... ::)...keep up the good work...later.

cowboy

bills10733

Blues Newbie
Thanks guys.  I'm sitting at the airport getting ready to board my flight back home.  I hope I have as much empty space.

Bill

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi bill, yeah, that's probably a first. So did you have your fellow passengers dancing in the aisles?

bills10733

Blues Newbie
No, but it was a pretty crazy scene.  It was overnight, so a lot of people were sleeping.  They wanted to darken the cabin, but they saw me playing, so they asked me to go to another section.  They took me to an entire section of business class with no one there, so I had it all to myself. It was pretty cool.  I attached a picture of me there.

bill