Pedals/Effects Big Joe Lithium Power Box

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I have had a Big Joe Lithium Power Box for over a year.
I charged it with a USB cable from my laptop charger and it took a good 10 hours.
It sat there unused on my mini-mini board for over a year, and almost completely lost its charge.
A week ago I ordered a Big Joe 1700 ma PS-201 charger, because it was supposed to speed charging time dramatically. It did. It started at a 2% charge and was fully-charged in 3 hours.
PS-201 1700mA POWER SUPPLY BONUS PACK – Big Joe Stomp Box Company
Power Box Lithium ( PB-107 ) – Big Joe Stomp Box Company

MINI PEDAL BOARD.JPG
MINBOARD CASE.JPG

Last edited:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
How many hours of use are you getting per charge with it?
That totally depends on which pedals I have switched on. Its display tells you how much time is remaining at any given time. With it fully charged and every pedal on my board turned on, it says about 6 1/2 hours. The little board can be run from the Big Joe or a OneSpot, and the only time I actually use the Big Joe is for jams of about 30 minutes duration max.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
The fact that it has a fuel gage is very cool. I have a Tom'sLine power supply that works well, but I inevitably forget to charge it before taking it out, and then lose track of about how much it has left.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Ok, you sold me on the Big Joe Power. I was able to find the newer version (PB-109) for $110.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Here is a good review showing its "fuel guage". Mine has 500 milliamps of power and that will EASILY power all 8 pedals on my mini-board along with my HoTone Vol/Wah that sits on the floor by the pedal case ... and that includes two higher-draw digital pedals, my TC Electronics HOF Mini 2 and FLASHBACK Mini for 6 - 8 hours, and that is with ALL pedals ON ... which is hardly EVER the case ... most I typically have on is 5 ... my delay and reverb and Vol/Wah along with two Overdrive pedals.

I would include a pic of my min-board, but it is currently all torn apart getting a complete re-vamp to mount the pedals directly in the case with room in the case for the Vol/Wah. It is going to be an awesome mini board rivaling my larger compact board. The Boise Blues Society jams I go to recently decided to no longer allow participants to bring their own amps, so I could no longer rely on the EXCELLENT on-board reverb of my Quilter MicroPro. And they only allow 15 minutes for one set of players to vacate the stage and the next "tribe" to be ready to play. My larger compact board does not have a reverb pedal because it is designed for use with my MicroPro. My mini board with its Big Joe eliminates the need to find a plug to plug in a wall wart or extension cord ... just plop it down, plug in two guitar cables, and ready to rock.

If you get one, be sure to also get their PS-202 9V CHARGER.
https://bigjoestompbox.com/products/ps-202-17ooma-power-supply
Charging the Big Joe from USB takes about 10 hours ... with the 1700 ma PS-202 under three hours. It comes with the adapter needed to plug in to the Big Joe.

Last edited: