Big gig on Dec. 9

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Well, the good points from all this:
  • You must have gained something positive from all the practicing you did.
  • You were introduced to 3 Chord bourbon.
  • You still got to play that evening, albeit a blues jam rather than a rehearsed show.
  • You will be much better prepared for the March show.
That still sounds like a very positive takeaway from the evening!

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Well, the good points from all this:
  • You must have gained something positive from all the practicing you did.
  • You still got to play that evening, albeit a blues jam rather than a rehearsed show.
  • You will be much better prepared for the March show.
That still sounds like a very positive takeaway from the evening!
Yes, all of the above, especially points 2,4, and 6. I'll have time to tweak a few things, such as Chris Stapleton's solo in Tennessee Whiskey. I've got the first part down and currently working on the second part. Here's s great lesson on it if anybody is interested. https://youtu.be/J2yEUWzJSOI
The founder of Three Chord Bourbon is apparently a monster player who is/ was? married to Pat Benatar. Who knew?

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Yes, all of the above, especially points 2,4, and 6. I'll have time to tweak a few things, such as Chris Stapleton's solo in Tennessee Whiskey. I've got the first part down and currently working on the second part. Here's s great lesson on it if anybody is interested. https://youtu.be/J2yEUWzJSOI
The founder of Three Chord Bourbon is apparently a monster player who is/ was? married to Pat Benatar. Who knew?

Nice! I'm also digging those Twin Blades on his Strat. :cool:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
The name was familiar to me. I remember he was lead guitarist on her earlier albums. I think he also did most of her arrangements during the late 70's, early 80's.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
At least I can say that I got to play on the same stage along side you last year in N.Y. Now that you are hitting the big time, I may never get that chance again!!! Congrats and good luck this time around.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
IMG_1783.JPG Kalamazoo Valley Blues Association promo for Sunday. :D Time to get a few butterflies. :rolleyes:

We are happy to announce that Three Chord Bourbon will generously sponsor this Sunday's (March 10) event at Shakespeares Lower Level. Live Blues, bourbon specials, raffles, give-aways and more. Nothing but the Blues and Kev Nichols & Blue Tuesday! Doors open at 2:00 pm. Music goes to 7:00. See you there!

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
We're waiting Tommy.:whistle:

Be patient Davy. :D It was kind of a crazy afternoon and evening. After our 2 sets we stayed and watched the first set of the headliner, went home and took care of our dog, and then went to a blues jam. Go figure. My wife has some video that I'll post when I can make a YouTube video out of it. I just saw 2 of them and they turned out good.
We were well received which was cool.