Big gig on Dec. 9

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Wow! One of the sponsors for this event is Three Chord Bourbon, a Michigan based company. No kidding! Here's the post on it.

The KVBA is excited to partner with Three Chord Bourbon who will help sponsor this event along with Shakespeare’s Lower Level. This craft bourbon’s story is about the three basic chords of blues and rock n roll. Www.threechord.com. We are proud to partner with this Michigan based company cofounded by recording artist and song writer Neil Giraldo. We will have specials on three chord bourbon, KVBA memberships, fun and give aways. Look for details on our Kalamazoo Valley Blues Association Facebook page leading up to Sunday. See you there!

Monkey Shoulder is so in the past.
I may have one to loosen up before we play. Maybe more after. :whistle: I'll post a review. :Beer:

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Thanks Mike! The wife and I went into a furniture store this afternoon and that poster was on their front door. We have a practice tomorrow and one the day before the gig. My basement is full of band equipment at the moment, since we've been practicing here. I'm feeling good about it. All the band members are familiar faces around here, but nobody has heard us play with the current configuration. Here's the set list. Guilty is a Bonnie Raitt tune. Housewife Blues was written by Kathy, our lead singer. Having a Good Time
was done by Howard and the White Boys. https://cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.2708-21...cb5193820c1a94dbb51d0f130729&oe=5C056237&dl=1
Very cool!!

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
What are the odds of this happening? 30 minutes before showtime the lights in the room go out. The power outage affected 4 or 5 city blocks. They waited as long as they could to see if the lights would come back on, but finally called it off. 5 minutes after the announcement, the power came back on, but most people had already left, so they ended up rescheduling us on March 10th. 4 of the band members headed over to a blues jam and we did a few songs together. Not a total bust of an evening I guess. :(

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Sorry to hear of this. Bummer on your night. Glad you were still able to get some playing in and you can look forward to March 10th!

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Wow! That really sucks Tommy. Well, you'll kill it in March instead. :thumbup:

Tell that bourbon company they're welcome to sponsor the next BGU Live. :LOL: OTOH, it might just put them out of business.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
We never made it to sound check. :eek: Our keyboard player was messing around with his gear when it happened. I think he needed to change his shorts (no pun intended). :D