BGU NE 2018 Fan Club

Gibsongirl

Gibsongirl
For those of you who participated in the NE Jam V this past summer, you need to read this, and for all those who could not make it this past summer, you might want to read this too:
I just played a classic rock gig at a local pub in Glens Falls, and was absolutely astonished with the number of people coming up to me asking when the next blues gig would be held at the Strand. I'm talking total strangers that recognized me from the jam we did this past July. At least six individuals came up to me and complimented the Friday jam at the Strand when we did our "all star" jam with some of the musicians from the Lawrence Street Blues Jam, regaling how they enjoyed the guitar players from all over the east coast putting together a great show ; and others who remembered the "warm up band" we threw together on Saturday, remarking that was the "kind of music they want to see". I can't make this stuff up, you guys made quite the impression, and a good one at that.
So.... by request...
Mark your calendars, October 3-5 2019 for the next NE jam. I have hotel accommodations in the works, look for a post on the forum just after the new year.
Congratulations to all those who participated last July, the compliments I received on your behalf tonight were well deserved. It is a privilege to host my fellow BGU brothers, and look forward to the NE 2019 jam.
GibsonGirl

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Does this mean that we will have to give out autographs this time?:LOL::LOL::LOL: Seriously, it was a great time all thanks to the hard work that Kathleen put into the event. I am planning on a return trip in 2019 and anyone else that is thinking about going needs to do what they can to make it.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Sounds great! Congratulations to Kathleen for a great event! I think all the BGU talent must be on the East coast...oh, wait, we got some guy in California named Griff who's pretty good!

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Does this mean that we will have to give out autographs this time?:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'd suggest saving your hand cramps for the paperwork at the bail bondsman :whistle: Although with so many fans maybe we can pass a hat and get some of the fines paid for by the locals next year? Just sayin' :whistle::Beer::LOL:

We participants already knew you did done good Gibsongirl, and we wuz just followin' your lead. Good to hear we made some music they liked!

Eric

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Pretty cool.

It would be nice to have everyone in the same hotel. The last time, I was in a hotel (along with Papa, tommyt and a few others) that had just a so-so breakfast buffet, no restaurant, no bar. So there were no gatherings back at the hotel.

The Strand was great venue. I had no idea whether the Sat "warmup act" had any audience. I was just playing.

Thanks again kathleen for organizing that.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Maybe we/you could do one show where the set list and players are worked out ahead of time. People within driving distance come in that day for afternoon rehearsal. Play the show that night, then go home or to a hotel and go home the next day.