BGU Labs First time, Maybe

Barkbusted

Blues Newbie
I would say that I'm basically one step above beginner. I can play along with most lessons on the slow track and stumble with the full speed stuff some. Would I fit in in the BGU Labs Challenge or is it too advanced? When do the live meetings happen, I'm in the eastern time zone and work until at least five or six during the week.

Thanks

chemeagle

Blues Newbie
I'm taking the plunge and it will be my first. I am not a beginner, but based on what Griff said on his promotion video, it sounded like he is going over some concepts that you should be exposed to sooner than later. Should be fun (with learning moments) no matter what level you start. I personally need some accountability, so that's what I am after. Scott

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I definitely work hard to make sure that there is a level for most anyone. If you can play some chords, and some pentatonic boxes, you will be fine.

You get the set the pace on this one, so you can go as slow as you need to. In fact, this is probably an ideal type of challenge to start with since it's solo - no track to keep up with.

If, for some reason, you really don't enjoy it, let me know and I'll give you your money back. But so far no one has ever asked :)

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I would like to ask about the bgu labs and what’s it all about.

Griff basically comes up with a challenge for us to participate in and then provides instructional webinars, materials, and feedback. This month's challenge involves learning some licks that he teaches us from Mike Bloomfield. We then need to choose and assemble some of them into a short solo over a provided backing track. Submissions can be posted to the forum for peer review and/or review by Griff during one of the weekly webinars.