BGU Bonus Material: Lessons from the Masters - 3 Kings

jmin

Student Of The Blues
I won't feel complete if I don't do the Bonus Material that came with BGU. Griff does a really nice job of teaching four "in the style of..." lessons with a quick 12 bars of examples of Albert, B.B., and Freddie King.

ALBERT
B.B.
FREDDIE

There's one more...Eric Clapton...later.

Nicely done jmin ! The intro and turnaround licks in that bgu bonus material are real helpful too !

I especially like that b.b. King solo, played that a few times just last night myself.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks, WIT!! This was fun! I'm looking forward to turnarounds, too! I'm squeezing every last drop out of BGU!

Ivan

Blues Newbie
That was excellent jmin! I thought I was listening to the Kings themselves. Great feel, touch and tone.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks, Ivan! These we're fun, short lessons that were a lot easier to get though than the 6 solos in BGU. I'm really looking forward to finishing all the BGU stuff. I think it will be the first guitar lesson material I ever fully completed!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Well done. I thought the Albert King tone was a bit thin, but maybe that is what you were going for.

I did those a while ago and maybe should revisit.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Hey, David! Thanks for the comments! I wasn't going for thin, but I used my '73 Tele and I have to be careful about that! Thanks!