BGU 2.0 - My Lesson 4

Misty Mountain Hop

Blues Newbie
Here is my lesson 4 EX 1. This one is again with my 1953 Blackguard tribute. Don Mare Hayride pickups are sweet, along with my MJT aged Musikraft 1953 Blackguard neck and Callaham aged hardware, and MJT aged body. I just love this guitar.

Lesson 4 EX 1

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
That's a nice guitar to love! Have you heard of the Don Mare effort to clone Roy Buchanan's Nancy, 2324 pickups?
http://chasingguitars.com/roy-buchanan-nancy-tribute-telecaster-project/

There are YouTube video's of him demonstrating his results. It's my understanding that Roy's Nancy is on display in the Fender museum. Supposed to be an example of the quintessential Tele sound. Actually, that "classic" sound of Roy's guitar was due to a malfunctioning pickup. Go figure.

Enjoy that Tele! It's a nice one.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Misty Mountain Hop

Blues Newbie
That's a nice guitar to love! Have you heard of the Don Mare effort to clone Roy Buchanan's Nancy, 2324 pickups?
http://chasingguitars.com/roy-buchanan-nancy-tribute-telecaster-project/

There are YouTube video's of him demonstrating his results. It's my understanding that Roy's Nancy is on display in the Fender museum. Supposed to be an example of the quintessential Tele sound. Actually, that "classic" sound of Roy's guitar was due to a malfunctioning pickup. Go figure.

Enjoy that Tele! It's a nice one.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Yep I thought about those as well. But Don recommended the Hayrides because they are a little more versatile. He even says on his website that the Roy Buchanan pickups should not be on your only guitar as you might need a backup (because things can go wrong with that setup)! I like the Hayride pickups as they are very balanced from the neck and bridge and don't have any sign of icepick even on my super loud Supro Tremolectric (Brice Zinky's post Fender custom shop version of his infamous VibroKing).

Oh and I actually contacted the fellow at Chasing Classic guitars when I was pulling my Tele together. He was very helpful.