Better Muddy A blues

70sRock

Blues-Rock Infused
Nice job David.

I prefer the electric also, haven't really bonded with the acoustic yet.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
The BBG lessons are fairly simple, and lend themselves to acoustic. Griff's video for this one is on acoustic.I was just in an electric mood. I've posted a few recordings on acoustic 12 string, which is different but also fun.

Tom45

Blues Newbie
I like the way you add your own "touch" to these lessons. Did you record this one with a microphone or from amp into computer? If you recorded from amp into computer, how did you add the click track?

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Start by creating a click track in Audacity. Then record a new track while monitoring the click. When you export to mp3 you can leave the click in or not.

I use a Roland microcube miced into a 2x2 USB interface.

Tom45

Blues Newbie
Thank you David. I didn't know you could do this with Audacity. I love this forum!! :)

benjwri1707

Blues Newbie
Start by creating a click track in Audacity. Then record a new track while monitoring the click. When you export to mp3 you can leave the click in or not.

I use a Roland microcube miced into a 2x2 USB interface.
Please tell me more...where do i find this 2x2 usb. I have a roland cube 15...can i use this?

david moon

Attempting the Blues
The USB interface I have is this Presonus. There are lots of others with similar features at around the same price point.

The Roland microcube is a small guitar amp (about 3W I think) with several amp models and built-in effects such as reverb and chorus. I'm guessing the cube 15 is a bass amp. Wrong, I went and checked- its a 15 W guitar amp and has some models and effects.If you like the sound you are getting from it, stick a mic in front of it and record it

david moon

Attempting the Blues
One thing the interface gets you is the capability to monitor a track in headphones and play along while recording. And you can adjust the monitor mix between the playback and the recordedc channel. I do that all the time with jam tracks or lesson backing tracks.

Also on mine the two inputs are either mic or line level. You can adjust the input gain to prevent clipping. Also provides phantom power.

The cheapest solution that I used initially is just record using the laptop's internal mic. It will record the sound in the room. If you'r playing solo that's what you get. If you're playing along with something, you just need to experiment to get the mix right.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Well done David and what I like is your creative ability at the end breaking out, great stuff. Be bold and prosper. (y)