BETA ANNOUNCEMENT: Try Out The New Member Portal

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
FWIW: everything I know of in my catalog of stuff I'll never have time to finish is there, and the interface looks great. :Beer:

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I think I have SFTM fixed, and BGULabs Nov2017 is fixed. The permissions are still applying for SFTM and may take a few hours.

There should be now play speed settings for the videos using the little gear icon in the lower right of the player. Vimeo doesn't have a -.75 speed, which is unfortunate, but it does have a -.5 and a +1.5 for when I'm talking and you want me to hurry up :)

Thank you for these things you're finding. It's SO much easier to fix the problems this way rather than me just poking around trying to find things that are broken.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
I have all 12 solo's from the masters. And man does that Robert Cray (month 12) sound funny on 2x speed:eek: I bet even Griff couldn't actually play it at that speed:rolleyes:

Looking and sounding really good. What with the looping and slow down plus fast internet not sure I will need to import these into video surgeon any more. Or is that the ploy. No one needs to buy video surgeon so more spare cash for courses:ROFLMAO:

cheers

Al.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Hi Griff,
There have been a large number of posts since my last visit and I have not read any since my last post so some of my points may be repeats, but here goes:

1. My new course list does not include "Arpeggios and Blues" by Bob Murnahan.
2. In the new list the ref to BGU 1.0 should state Manual PDF.
3. The Little Wing Lesson is BOTH in the new list and accessible via the BGU Insiders link. Previously it was NOT in the BGU Insiders.
4. The new Beta site does not have the "Extras" which listed "Learning Note Names".

Very much like the new Beta format.

Thatman

Just visited Solos From The Masters (Peter Green):
1. The only video present is the "Introduction". The Licks and the Slow and Fast Solos videos are not available.
2. The is no video loop function with the videos. Is this correct?

Thatman

Just checked all the Solos from the Master and there is only the Introduction video playing. There are no lick videos.

Griff

Staff member
Just visited Solos From The Masters (Peter Green):
1. The only video present is the "Introduction". The Licks and the Slow and Fast Solos videos are not available.
2. The is no video loop function with the videos. Is this correct?
Still working on re-rendering those for the looping and chapter access. Should have them done in the next day or 2.

Permissions may not be quite right yet either, but will be over the next day or 2 as well.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
Griff...love the new portal...much easier to navigate

...but I'm missing "Solos from the Masters"...in the "Lessons of the Masters" I only have 4 of the 12...thanks...later.

cowboy

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Griff...love the new portal...much easier to navigate

...but I'm missing "Solos from the Masters"...in the "Lessons of the Masters" I only have 4 of the 12...thanks...later.

cowboy
Cowboy, That is lessons from the masters (part of the extras from BGU). Look further down there is also a solos from the masters there. I know I was caught on that at first :rolleyes:

cheers

Al.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
Cowboy, That is lessons from the masters (part of the extras from BGU). Look further down there is also a solos from the masters there. I know I was caught on that at first :rolleyes:

cheers

Al.

Thanks Al...(y)(y)(y)...I got so much stuff in there even I can get lost...at least now I can find it without running off the page...:whistle:...later.

cowboy

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
@Griff I know that you were working on SFTM last week & said that it might take a few days. I just checked the first month (Albert King) and it doesn't seem to matter which link I select under the navigation pane. I always get the intro video, there are still no looping controls.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Mike,

There isn't any looping controls on any of the intro video's for sftm as far as I can see. The play alongs have the loop controls. However this doesn't help you if all the links send you to the intro video. If it is any help in fault finding it all appears correctly for me on a PC running win 7 and firefox.

cheers

Al.

Thatman

There are no videos for the licks associated with the four "Lessons from the Masters" course.

Thatman

Please ignore.

My comment above is wrong, I have found where the Licks are included. Sorry.

Sarnies

Blues Newbie
Hi, I’m new to the Forum.......daft question time! How do you get to the member portal? Is there a link from somewhere on this site?

Griff

Staff member
Just a little update for those of you struggling with the Solos From The Masters... I've had some difficulty getting that one to re-render. The computers keep crashing and things keep messing up, but currently they are churning away and, barring anymore technical hiccups I should have them starting to appear in a day or 2.