BETA ANNOUNCEMENT: Try Out The New Member Portal

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
After several months of working on this, it's about 90% done and I'm both excited to share this with you - and a little nervous that it'll break :whistle:

Nearly every single video in every single course has been re-rendered to be in HD, including the downloads. Videos that were previously broken up into many small videos are now complete since this new platform is able to handle them.

So, if you'd like to use it, I welcome you under 2 conditions:

1 - Understand that you may find some things that are not quite right yet. I hope that you'll let me know about those things here (DO NOT EMAIL THE HELPDESK ABOUT THE NEW MEMBER PORTAL as they will have NO idea what you're talking about and will probably think you mean the old one and give you some bizarre answer and run around on a wild goose chase... please don't.)

If you find something odd (access issues, formatting on certain devices, etc.) please just leave a comment on this thread and I can use it as a bug list.

2 - It will likely change from day-to-day. Not much, at this point, but as I continue to make progress things will adjust here and there.

BUG REPORT FORMAT:
If you find something that doesn't work right, I have to be able to reproduce it in order to solve it. So please, outline the steps that you took to cause the error carefully so that I can reproduce it. In particular, your platform (tablet, phone, computer, OS, versions, browser, etc.) and anything else you think that might be remotely helpful.

SUGGESTIONS:
I'm open to suggestions, but don't be hurt if I don't implement them right away. For one thing, they may be difficult, and for another, one person's ideal situation is very different from another.

At the end of the day I have 2 primary objectives:
1 - To make your experience learning with me as effective and as fun as it can be for you.
2 - To make my experience teaching you as effective and as fun as it can be for me :)

I love what I do, and I'm thankful that I get to share my enthusiasm for playing guitar with all of you. So if I can find a way to get the information out of my head, and in front of you in a better way, then I'm on it.

There is more to come. Practice Generator 2.0 is on the horizon with more features and a slick new interface. I'll be keeping you posted but let's get this new membership area rolled out first :)

You can get to it here:
https://bluesguitarunleashed.com/members/login

Let me know how you like it!

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Griff,

Fist off a quick look at the beta portal and I am very impressed with the look and feel. Not spent a lot of time but initial imprssions are good.

Two things. Firstly I can't post to your thread anouncing it. I thought you wanted bugs and suggestions in that thread. Secondly the suggestion I wanted to make. There doesn't appear to be a simple way to correlate what corses you own to the shop. The current portal shows all the courses and then states you can't play those you haven't bought (not an ideal method but at least you can quickly see what you don't own). A better and ideal solution would be to mark the shop somehow so you can see those you don't own for a slick buying experience.

Not a biggy for me as I think I have them all. But may drive more sales if people can easily see what they haven't got yet.

cheers

Al.

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
Very nicely done. Looking at this reminds me that I do have a question for anybody out there: I know somewhere in the BGU stuff are tabbed charts for all five boxes because I had hard copies printed out at one time. I can't find these copies and I don't know exactly where to look to get them back. Can anyone tell me?
Thanks, Bernie

AlanT

Blues Newbie
I’ve had a quick look through and I’m really liking what I’ve seen......thanks (again) Griff.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I really like that all my courses are in alphabetical order.

And that they can be viewed by separate category.

Fantastic.

(But how long is it going to take me to download all the lessons that have been redone in HD.:eek:)

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Griff asked us to leave bugs on his announcement thread.... but we can't add to it?

So this can be moved to wherever it should go.

I noticed that the newest course "Chord By Chord" isn't in the "course catalog", i.e. when you click on shop to check out the courses.

And 5 of my courses aren't in my course list, but 2 of the missing ones do show up when I look at my courses by separate category.

This is pretty minor.

Otherwise everything looks great so far.

I wonder if we could get a list of the courses that have been redone in HD. For those of us who have every course it would save time, rather than going back through every course to figure it out.

Last edited:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Very nicely done. Looking at this reminds me that I do have a question for anybody out there: I know somewhere in the BGU stuff are tabbed charts for all five boxes because I had hard copies printed out at one time. I can't find these copies and I don't know exactly where to look to get them back. Can anyone tell me?
Thanks, Bernie

pretty sure its in several places , in 5 east blues solos for sure and probably PSTM

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
The original downloaded lesson files wouldn't play on my iphone. The new ones do. (y)(y)(y):whistle::whistle::whistle:

Now I just have to get faster internet so I can download all my courses over again.

Tom45

Blues Newbie
I can't log in. When I tried, I got the "Incorrect password" message. There is no "Forgot Your Password?" link
to get a new password emailed to me. :(