Best wishes for Big Rig Steve

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Hate to hear this. I remember meeting him at the BGU Live here in the Metroplex. I got to play with him a couple of times between sessions since he was often hanging out in the back of the room where I stood. He seemed like a standup guy who loved playing music. Happy thoughts, positive mojo, and prayers for his family and friends. RIP mi amigo.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Totally stunned. I thought he was recovering. Great times with Steve. He was one of the great BGU personalities. RIP my friend.

Last edited:

Philip Bate

Blues Newbie
I’ve just read the dreadful news about Steve losing his fight with Covid. He was in the group with Joe Abrams and me at Glens Falls last year. He really loved his music. There were no half measures with Steve. He was full on whether he was playing guitar or drums. Sian and I got to know him well last year and this news has shocked us both to the core. R.I.P. Steve. We all must continue to stay safe. Best wishes to all my blues brothers. This is a very sad day indeed.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
That is terrible news! I met Steve a few years ago when he decided to come to one of our local jams and needed a ride from where he parked his truck. I got the chance to jam and hang out with him a bit over dinner, and then again at other jams and BGU Live events. Steve was an incredibly nice guy who just loved to share his love of playing music with his friends. He will be greatly missed!

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Steve was a great guy and a true friend. I was fortunate enough to get to see him not only at a few BGU Live events and some regional jams, but he would come for private lessons whenever he was in town and our schedules allowed.

He was committed to learning and remarkably dedicated, a side of him that you may not have been able to see at jams. He really wanted to improve and was always sending me recordings to check out and give him advice.

He said that the jam in NY where he played drums with Mark and I was a highlight of his life, and I'm so thankful we were able to do that.

I will definitely be raising a glass in his honor this evening... God Speed, Drumtrucker, Rest In Peace.