Being Young (an original)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
So,
My head is clogged with fantastic songs (ha ha:LOL:) and wonderful ideas.
The problem is they are going nowhere, I'm too distracted lately.:confused:

I started out to create an epic Gilmour Style song and I went off the rails.

I was in the mood to do something........anything........ so, here's a simple little ditty with just me and the acoustic called "Being Young"

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/1s26oxaizzpg9qs/Being Young(3).mp3?dl=0

Last edited:

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Great song, reminded me of my youth as well. I wonder what this generation of kids will sing about when they get to our age - iPhones? Xboxes?

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Good job! You have a real talent for sounding sincere...guess what I'm saying is your songs are believable, if that makes any sense.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks everyone.
The Killer is............I started out to create a David Gilmourish song, then I remembered I can't play like Gilmour :ROFLMAO:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Thanks everyone.
The Killer is............I started out to create a David Gilmourish song, then I remembered I can't play like Gilmour :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for reminding me Moto!!! I started a Pink Floydy type of song a while back, then got distracted. I shall return to it when I return from my hols.(y)

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
the kids laughing in the back really send it over the top..................I gotta share that with some people I think it will really hit home too

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
so, @CaptainMoto I was putting together some pistures the other day, and this song really took me back to remembering what it as like to be a kid.

So I placed the pictures with it so I could share the song to hopefully get the same feelings for some friends.

Well, an old friend, and I didnt know about this, had brain surgery, she has forgotten a ton of things, and has trouble remembering...............she said this brought back images and memories that were gone.

I am not sure, how you can ever top doing something like that, to have music bring back something lost in your life, you did an amazing thing

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Ah, the power of music. It really is a tremendous medium for conveying images and bringing back memories. Hope she continues her recovery sdbrit68.
Captain, those kids laughing and playing was a great touch to what was already an excellent song. Very well done.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
so, @CaptainMoto I was putting together some pistures the other day, and this song really took me back to remembering what it as like to be a kid.

So I placed the pictures with it so I could share the song to hopefully get the same feelings for some friends.

Well, an old friend, and I didnt know about this, had brain surgery, she has forgotten a ton of things, and has trouble remembering...............she said this brought back images and memories that were gone.

I am not sure, how you can ever top doing something like that, to have music bring back something lost in your life, you did an amazing thing
That's wonderful Mark,
Music is a powerful thing.
I appreciate your support.