BBG before continuing with BGU?

Alexander Blue

Surfers Rule !!!
WHOA!!!!! hey. I'm a Nam vet too. welcome home!! I was there 70-71, I Corps. Glad there is another wacked out Vietnam Vet on the site. What branch of service were you?

And, the guitar tech suggestion was because I have gotten into it and enjoy tinkering with guitars almost as much as I love playing them. It is convenient to know how to do a tweak whenever you want without having to run downtown to get help.

+ 1 = 2nd. Batt. 3rd. Marines Foxtrot Co. ... Pulled 'Search & Destroys' in and around the Northern I Corps ... '67, '68 & '69 ...

Good time had by all    :mad:   :(   :cool:

kdmccarty

Blues Newbie
Although I have played open and some barre chords for many years I decided to get BBG and hopefully will be chronicling my journey through the course and into the soul of playing the blues.

EssexUK

Blues Newbie
I found Griff from his youtube spot for the four note solo. I was impressed and ordered Blues Guitar Unleashed. I did not know about the BBG course until I logged onto the forum.

I am now through lesson 4 on BGU and am learning a lot. While I am certainly a beginner, I am not struggling with BGU and feel I can complete the course successfully and be a better guitar player.

That said though, I am wondering whether I need to back up and order the BBG course before going much further with BGU. I don't want gaps in my education and if there is stuff in BBG that I need, I want to go that route.

My question is whether I will be missing important lessons if I go forward with BGU and not go back to BBG first. Thanks for the input.

I have done exactly the same thing. Never knew the forum existed let alone the 'begginer' package.

I wish Griff had a system in place to make that a bit clearer.
I spent a fortune on express delivery as well.
I need BBG. Maybe I have to send Griff an email and see about the 3 payment package now. Or perhaps mods / Griff will read this?
As spending all the money on a possible 2 packages, one which will not be attacked for quite some. Is not good on ones budget. :-[

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I found Griff from his youtube spot for the four note solo. I was impressed and ordered Blues Guitar Unleashed. I did not know about the BBG course until I logged onto the forum.

I am now through lesson 4 on BGU and am learning a lot. While I am certainly a beginner, I am not struggling with BGU and feel I can complete the course successfully and be a better guitar player.

That said though, I am wondering whether I need to back up and order the BBG course before going much further with BGU. I don't want gaps in my education and if there is stuff in BBG that I need, I want to go that route.

My question is whether I will be missing important lessons if I go forward with BGU and not go back to BBG first. Thanks for the input.

I have done exactly the same thing. Never knew the forum existed let alone the 'begginer' package.

I wish Griff had a system in place to make that a bit clearer.
I spent a fortune on express delivery as well.
I need BBG. Maybe I have to send Griff an email and see about the 3 payment package now. Or perhaps mods / Griff will read this?
As spending all the money on a possible 2 packages, one which will not be attacked for quite some. Is not good on ones budget. :-[

I would send Griff an email or personal message and explain the situation. He is generally very responsive.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
BBG is a fun course and even after having "played at" guitar for 45 years and partially completing BGU, I found some stuff in BBG that helped.
However... If you are already into lesson 4 & comfortable (playing cleanly), know barre chords and can't really spend too much money, then, I'd say skip BBG.

darreng949

Blues Newbie
I'm an old Metal Head hack, you know, crank it to 10, play some Power Chords...You get it...started following Griff. I took assessment of where I really feel where I was at on guitar. I decided to roll with BBG. Just got it today, and am glad I made the decision. Some of the things I already know, reading tabs, parts of the guitar, etc. BUT, after a quick look through the course, I realize I have some VERY bad habits and NO skill. At 48 years old, and so called "playing" guitar since I was 12, I decided to simply "start over". Just got the course today, and am happy with my choice.

JazzboxBlues

Blues Newbie
After going through this thread I think I'd like to start at the beginning even though I've been working on BGU. I should probably get going on the Strumming and Rhythm Mastery too. Fingers crossed for a Valentines Day special!

Billy M

Blues Newbie
Hey Guys! Billy Mitchell here. I just ordered the BBC, and a few others, today......I'm already learning just reading this thread and your comments.....they will help others as well. I'm an old coon ass from Louisiana. Retired Army,21 years, Vietnam Era, Desert Storm, Somila, and a few I can't talk about....lol. Mostly played BASS in a country band and old 60's Rock & Roll Band......definite beginner....enjoyed your comments...thanks....Looking forward to learning the Blues!!

Fingerlick

The Thrill is Gone
Alexander Blue,
This us another Vietnam Vet groovin on the blues.
1970, 1971, 1972
MACV/SOG
DaNang, Dinh Quan
Sniper
Conducted missions in every corps. Bulk being in I Corps.
Beau Coup Dinky Dau!